SYREETA WRIGHT & G. C. CAMERON - I WANNA BE BY YOUR SIDE

, , Sem Comentários

I WANNA BE BY YOUR SIDE

SYREETA WRIGHT
SONGWRITER: STEVIE WONDER
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: STEVIE WONDER PRESENTS SYREETA
LABEL: UNIVERSAL SOUND OF THE WORLD
GENRE: SOUL
YEAR: 1974
 
         Syreeta Wright(August 3, 1946 – July 6, 2004), who recorded professionally under the single name Syreeta, was an American singer-songwriter, best known for her music during the early 1970s through the early 1980s. Wright's career heights were songs in collaboration with her ex-husband Stevie Wonder and musical artist Billy Preston.
     Wright was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States, in 1946, and started singing at the age of four. Her father served in the Korean War and Wright and her sister Kim were raised by their mother Essie and their grandmother. The Wrights moved back and forth from Detroit to South Carolina, before finally settling in Detroit just as Wright entered high school. Money problems kept Wright from pursuing a career in ballet, so she focused her attention on a music career joining several singing groups, before landing a job as a receptionist for Motown in 1965. Within a year, she became a secretary for Mickey Stevenson, just as Martha Reeves had done before her.
At any given time
And at any given place
I wanna be by your side, baby
Just to put a little smile
On your sad but lovely face
You need me right by your side
 
To stay right there and love you
I won't ever let you down
I wanna be by your side
I don’t care
Right there by your side
 
To convince this heart of mine
Well that's gonna take some time
I have heard those sweet things before
But I'd like to get to know
If your love’s that wonderful
Then you should be by my side
To stay right there and love me
I won't ever, ever, ever let you down
I wanna be by your side, I don't care
Right there by your side
 
I'll stay right here and love you
I won't ever let you down
I wanna be by your side
I don't care, right there by your side
 
I wanna be by your side, yeah, yeah, yeah
I wanna be by your side baby
C'mon
I wanna be, oh, baby
Yeah, c'mon, woah, baby
I wanna be by, ooh, by your, by your
Show me what you can do
I wanna, I wanna.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário