ROBIN MCKELLE & THE FLYTONES - I'M A FOOL TO WANT YOU

, , Sem Comentários
I'M A FOOL TO WANT YOU
ROBIN MCKELLE & THE FLYTONES
SONGWRITERS: FRANK SINATRA, JACK WOLF, JOEL S. HERRON
COUNTRY: U.S.A
ALBUM: SOUL FLOWER
LABEL: RCA VICTOR
GENRE: JAZZ BLUE
YEAR: 2012

"I'm a Fool to Want You" is a 1951 song composed by Frank Sinatra, Jack Wolf, and Joel Herron. Frank Sinatra released the song as a Columbia Records single. The ballad is considered a pop and jazz standard.
It certainly is rare to read about a soul/blues singer who once finished third in the Thelonious Monk International Jazz Vocal competition. Originally from Rochester, NY, vocalist Robin McKelle migrated to France, where two recordings of big band swing material made her a star. Five years ago she began a transformation that took her through songs from composers like Willie Dixon and Doc Pomus to this latest recording that celebrates the musical legacy of the city of Memphis.
McKelle’s  band, the Flytones, quickly serve notice that they have an innate understanding of  sweet soul music with Al Street on guitar, Ben Stivers on a multitude of keyboards, Derek Nievergelt on bass and Adrian Harpham on drums 7 percussion. Producer Scott Bomar certainly brings a wealth of experience to the project. He is the bass player for the Bo-Keys and learned how to work a studio alongside the legendary Willie Mitchell, leading to Bomar engineering two Al Green recordings. Two other members of the Bo-Keys add their considerable talents to the mix – Mark Franklin on trumpet & flugelhorn and Kirk Smothers on saxophones & flute.




I'm a fool to want you
I'm a fool to want you
To want a love that can't be true
A love that's there for others too

I'm a fool to hold you
Such a fool to hold you
To seek a kiss not mine alone
To share a kiss the Devil has known

Time and time again I said I'd leave you
Time and time again I went away
But then would come the time when I would need you
And once again these words I'll have to say

I'm a fool to want you
Pity me, I need you
I know it's wrong, it must be wrong
But right or wrong I can't get along

Without you

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário