MORPHINE - IN SPITE OF ME

, , Sem Comentários
IN SPITE OF ME
MORPHINE
SONGWRITER: MARK SANDMAN
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: CURE FOR PAINE
LABEL: RYKODISC RECORDS
GENRE: ALTERNATIVE ROCK
YEAR: 1993

Cure for Pain was the second album released by alternative rock band Morphine through Rykodisc in 1993. Original drummer, Jerome Deupree, was replaced by Billy Conway during the recording of the album.
The tracks "Sheila" and "In Spite of Me" were prominently featured on the soundtrack of the 1994 independent film Spanking the Monkey. The video for "Thursday" also appeared on an episode of Beavis and Butt-head. The track "Buena" also appears in the first season of The Sopranos and in the Daria episode "The Teachings of Don Jake". In 2014, the album placed eighth on the Alternative Nation site's "Top 10 Underrated '90s Alternative Rock Albums" list.
As of 1995 it has sold 107,000 copies in United States and over 300,000 copies worldwide. As of 2017 combined sales of Cure for Pain and Yes are 661,000 sold copies in United States.
Morphine was an American alternative rock group formed by Mark Sandman, Dana Colley, and Jerome Deupree in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1989. After five successful albums and extensive touring, they disbanded in 1999 after frontman Sandman died of a heart attack. Founding members have reformed into the band Vapors of Morphine, maintaining much of the original style and sound.
Morphine combined blues and jazz elements with more traditional rock arrangements, giving the band an unusual sound. Sandman sang distinctively in a "deep, laid-back croon", and his songwriting featured a prominent beat influence. The band themselves coined the label "low rock" to describe their music, which involved "a minimalist, low-end sound that could have easily become a gimmick: a "power trio" not built around the sound of na electric guitar. Instead, Morphine expanded its offbeat vocabulary on each album.
Last night I told a stranger all about you
They smiled patiently with disbelief
I always knew you would succeed no matter what you tried
And I know you did it all in spite of me
Still I'm proud to have know you for the short time that I did
Glad to have been a step up on your way
Proud to be part of your illustrious career
And I know you did it all in spite of me
In spite of me
Late last night I saw you in my living room
You seemed so close but yet so cold
For a long time I thought that you'd be coming back to me
Those kind of thoughts can be so cruel
So cruel and I know you did it all in spite of me
In spite of me.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário