IRA WOLF - THE DEVIL AND ME

, , Sem Comentários
THE DEVIL AND ME
IRA WOLF
SONGWRITER: IRA WOLF
WHERE: LIVE RED CLAY MUSIC FOUNDRY 2017
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: FICKLE HEART
LABEL: DIGITAL
GENRE: FOLK
YEAR: 2014

Ira Wolf is a new-folk singer from Montana who has found her voice all over the world. She has been on and off the road touring solo since summer 2014. This gives her the opportunity to share her Americana melodies all around the country and dive into nature in her down time. Solo travel has taught Ira to embrace fear and gain confidence.
They told me that my life is headed for the devil,
So I asked them, "what's a life if you're living like you're dead?"
They started praying, they were saying, "well we hope you'll be forgiven."
And even though I listened, I never heard a word they said.

Chorus:
Guess I was born to be a sinner, I was born to be free.
I was born to dance on two left feet.

So I kept on walking, I started talking with the devil,
And I asked them "what's a life if you live it like you're dead."
He took my soul and he washed it in a whiskey river.
I took his hand, we stood back, and watched the banks turn red.

Chorus:
'Cause I was born to be a sinner, I was born to be free.
I was born to dance on two left feet.
And raised up to be the rebel, I was made with a little bit of fire, you see.
I guess it's always been the devil and me.

If I hear those angels singing my song, well I'll shiver
'Cause I know they won't be coming here for anybody else.
But I won't pray, I've made my grave and I'll sleep in it.
If there's a heaven, Lord, I'm headed straight for hell.

Chorus:
'Cause I was born to be a sinner, I was born to be free.
I was born to dance on two left feet.
Raised up to be the rebel, I was blind but now I see
I guess it's always been, the devil and me.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário