JOHNNY MATHIS - HOUSE OF FLOWERS

, , Sem Comentários
HOUSE OF FLOWERS
JOHNNY MATHIS
SONGWRITER: HYMAN ARLUCK & TRUMAN STRECKFUS
COUNTRY: USA
ALBUM: THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF MAKE BELIEVE
LABEL: MERCURY
GENRE: JAZZ
YEAR: 1964

The Wonderful World of Make Believe is an album by American pop singer Johnny Mathis that was released by Mercury Records on July 10, 1964, and described by Greg Adams of Allmusic, who wrote, "The theme is fantasy, from imaginary locations ('Camelot', 'Shangri-La') to fanciful yearnings ('I'm Always Chasing Rainbows', 'When You Wish Upon a Star') to vague, idealized realms ('Beyond the Sea', 'Beyond the Blue Horizon')."
The album debuted on Billboard magazine's Top LP's chart in the issue dated July 25, 1964, and reached number 75 during its 10 weeks there.
This project was released on compact disc for the first time as one of two albums in a two-CD set by Sony Music Entertainment on August 28, 2012, the other album being Mathis's previous studio LP, Tender Is the Night. The Wonderful World of Make Believe was also included in Sony's Mathis box set The Complete Global Albums Collection, which was released on November 17, 2014.
My house is made of flowers
The warm winds carpet the floor
Whenever theres spring showers
I open the rainbow door

The frog, the toad, the turtle
All make my home their home
My curtains are crape mottle
And the firefly flies neath my dome

I’ve never had money
And I’ll never need none
The moon is my lamp
And my clock is the sun

Find more lyrics at
My homes a home
For all those things
What grows, what flies, what sings
If it all sounds tempting

And it do you entice
I show to the heavens
That it do make it nice
Wont you come live with me

I’d come live with me
If I were you, if I were you.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário