KEITH JARRETT TRIO - I FALL IN LOVE TOO EASILY

, , Sem Comentários

I FALL IN LOVE TOO EASILY
KEITH JARRETT TRIO
SONGWRITERS: JULE STYNE & SAMMY CAHN
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: STANDARS, VOLUME 2
LABEL: SONY MUSIC
GENRE: JAZZ
YEAR: 2018
 
            Keith Jarrett (born May 8, 1945) is an American jazz and classical music pianist and composer.
         Jarrett started his career with Art Blakey, moving on to play with Charles Lloyd and Miles Davis. Since the early 1970s he has enjoyed a great deal of success as a group leader and a solo performer in jazz, jazz fusion, and classical music. His improvisations draw from the traditions of jazz and other genres, especially Western classical music, gospel, blues, and ethnic folk music.
             In 2003 Jarrett received the Polar Music Prize, the first recipient of both the contemporary and classical musician prizes, and in 2004 he received the Léonie Sonning Music Prize. His álbum The Köln Concert (1975) became the best-selling piano recording in history.
            In 2008 he was inducted into the Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame in the magazine's 73rd Annual Readers' Poll.
       Jarrett has been unable to perform since suffering a stroke in February 2018, and a second stroke in May 2018, which left him partially paralyzed and unable to play with his left hand.
          In 1983, Keith Jarrett, who had become a jazz star in the 1970s with solo piano albums such as Solo Concerts: Bremen and Lausanne and The Koln Concert, headed into the studio to record standards with a topflight trio. (Joining him for the occasion was the bassist Gary Peacock and the drummer Jack DeJohnette.) The fruitful session resulted in three albums: Standards, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 and Changes, all three of which are being reissued here as Setting Standards: New York Sessions. The trio digs deep into the classics, reimagining them while honoring their great melodies. “All The Things You Are” receives a reading that is by turns delicate and hard-swinging; it’s one of the great instrumental versions of the song. DeJohnette, who absolutely takes off at a number of points on this collection, shows he can keep it delightfully simple on the rousing “God Bless the Child.” The bassist in a piano trio often plays the role of unobtrusive anchor, but Peacock can sound downright fierce here. The third album, Changes, features two cuts, both Jarrett originals: the half-hour long exploration, “Flying,” and “Prism,” a version of which appeared on 1974’s Personal Mountains.

 I fall in love too easily, I fall in love too fast
I fall in love too terribly hard, for love to ever last
My heart should be well schooled, 'cause I've been fooled in the past
And still I fall in love too easily, I fall in love too fast
 
I fall in love too easily, I fall in love too fast
I fall in love too terribly hard, for love to ever last
My heart should be well schooled, 'cause I've been fooled in the past
And still I fall in love too easily, I fall in love too fast

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário