JUNIOR KIMBROUGH - KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF HER

, , Sem Comentários
KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF HER
JUNIOR KIMBROUGH
SONGWRITER: Big Bill Broonzy
COUNTRY:  U.S.A.
ALBUM: DO THE RUMP
LABEL: FAT POSSUM
GENRE: BLUES
YEAR: 1988

David "Junior" Kimbrough (July 28, 1930 – January 17, 1998) was na American blues musician. His best-known works are "Keep Your Hands off Her" and "All Night Long".
Chulahoma: The Songs of Junior Kimbrough is an EP by American rock duo The Black Keys. Essentially a tribute album, it is a collection of the band's cover versions of songs by Fat Possum Records bluesman Junior Kimbrough, who died in 1998. The title is a Choctaw word for red fox and is a reference to Chulahoma, Mississippi, location of "Junior's Place", a juke joint bought by Kimbrough around 1992 and operated after his death by his sons until it burned down on April 6, 2000
The Black Keys have covered Kimbrough in their 2002 debut album, with "Do the Rump", and with "Everywhere I Go" on their second record Thickfreakness. In 2005, they contributed a "My Mind is Ramblin'" cover to the Sunday Nights: The Songs of Junior Kimbrough tribute compilation, which also features Iggy Pop & The Stooges and Spiritualized. Chulahoma was recorded in the basement of 54 Metlin Rd. in Akron, Ohio, and was the band's last record with Fat Possum Records, as they subsequently signed to Nonesuch Records.
You see a man,
She met a man, oh man,
I love the way she walks,
Yeah, she walk good,
I love the way she talks, aww yeah,
She talk good,

Keep your hands off of my girl,
She don't belong to you,

Love her, I love her,
I love her,
I love her, I love her, I love her,
Keep your hands off of my girl,
She don't belong to you.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário