JOHNNY ROQUEMORE & THE APOSTLES OF BLUEGRASS - ROLL IN MY SWEET BABY'S ARMS

, , Sem Comentários
ROLL IN MY SWEET BABY'S ARMS
JOHNNY ROQUEMORE & THE APOSTLES OF BLUEGRASS
SONGWRITER: BUCKY OWENS
COUNTRY: U.S.A.
ALBUM: RUBY
LABEL: CAPITOL
GENRE: BLUEGRASS
YEAR: 1971

"Roll in My Sweet Baby's Arms" is an American traditional song. It seems to have developed from lyrics in the cowboy song "My Lula Gal", itself a development of bawdy British and Appalachian songs generally known as "Bang Bang Rosie" or "Bang Away Lulu.
The Flatt & Scruggs version was first released as a single by Lester Flatt, Earl Scruggs and the Foggy Mountain Boys, on December 14, 1951. Buck Owens released his cover version "Rollin' in My Sweet Baby's Arms" in August 1971 as the second single from his album Ruby. The song peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart. It also reached number 1 on the RPM Country Tracks chart in Canada.
Roll in my sweet baby's arms
Roll in my sweet baby's arms
Lay around the shack 'til the mail comes back
And I'll roll in my sweet baby's arms
I ain't gonna work on the railroad
I ain't gonna work on the farm
Lay down the shack 'til the mail train comes back
And I'll roll in my sweet baby's arms
Now where were you last Friday night
While I was lying in jail
Walking the streets with another man
Wouldn't even go my bail
I know you parents don't like me
They drove me away from your door
If I had my life to live over
I'd never go there any more.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário