SONNY AND CHER - I GOT YOU BABE

, , Sem Comentários
I GOT YOU BABE
SONNY AND CHER
SONGWRITER: SONNY BONO
WHERE: TOP OF THE POPS 1965
COUNTRY: U.S.A.
ALBUM: LOOK AT US/SINGLE
LABEL: ATCO RECORDS
GENRE: POP
YEAR: 1965

"I Got You Babe" is a song written by Sonny Bono. It was the first single taken from the debut studio álbum Look at Us, of the American pop music duo Sonny & Cher. In August 1965, their single spent three weeks at number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States where it sold more than 1 million copies and was certified Gold. It also reached number 1 in the United Kingdom and Canada. In 1985, a cover version of "I Got You Babe" by British reggae/pop band UB40 featuring American singer Chrissie Hynde, peaked at number one in the UK Singles Chart and reached number 28 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. A 1993 version by Cher with Beavis and Butt-Head bubbled under the Hot 100 chart.
Cher (/ʃɛər/; born Cherilyn Sarkisian (Armenian: Շերիլին Սարգսյան); May 20, 1946) is an American singer and actress. Sometimes called the Goddess of Pop, she has been described as embodying female autonomy in a male-dominated industry. She is known for her distinctive contralto singing voice and for having worked in numerous areas of entertainment, as well as adopting a variety of styles and appearances during her six-decade-long career.
HER: They say we're young and we don't know
We won't find out until we grow
HIM: Well I don't know if all that's true
'Cause you got me, and baby I got you
.
HIM: Babe
BOTH: I got you babe, I got you babe
.
HER: They say our love won't pay the rent
Before it's earned, our money's all been spent
HIM: I guess that's so, we don't have a plot

PUBLICIDADE

inRead invented by Teads
But at least I'm sure of all the things we got
.
HIM: Babe
BOTH: I got you babe, I got you babe
.
HIM: I got flowers in the spring
I got you to wear my ring
HER: And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always around
HER: So let them say your hair's too long
'Cause I don't care, with you I can't go wrong
HIM: Then put your little hand in mine
There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb
.
HIM: Babe
BOTH: I got you babe, I got you babe
.
HIM: I got you to hold my hand
HER: I got you to understand
HIM: I got you to walk with me
HER: I got you to talk with me
HIM: I got you to kiss goodnight
HER: I got you to hold me tight
HIM: I got you, I won't let go
HER: I got you to love me so
.
BOTH: I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário