PERRY COMO - AND I LOVE YOU SO

, , Sem Comentários

AND I LOVE YOU SO

PERRY COMO
SONGWRITER: DON MCLEAN
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: AND I LOVE YOU SO
LABEL: RCA RECORDS
GENRE: SOFT ROCK
YEAR: 1973
 
        Pierino Ronald "Perry" Como(/ˈkoʊmoʊ/; May 18, 1912 – May 12, 2001) was an American singer, actor and television personality. During a career spanning more than half a century, he recorded exclusively for RCA Victor for 44 years, after signing with the label in 1943.
     He recorded primarily vocal pop and was renowned for recordings in the intimate, easy-listening genre pioneered by multi-media star Bing Crosby.
     "Mr. C.", as he was nicknamed, sold millions of records and pioneered a weekly musical variety television show. His weekly television shows and seasonal specials were broadcast throughout the world. In the official RCA Records Billboard magazine memorial, his life was summed up in these few words: "50 years of music and a life well lived. An example to all."
        Como received five Emmys from 1955 to 1959, and a Christopher Award in 1956. He also shared a Peabody Award with good friend Jackie Gleason in 1956. He was inducted into the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame in 1990 and received a Kennedy Center Honor in 1987. Posthumously, Como received the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2002 and was inducted into the Long Island Music Hall of Fame in 2006. He has the distinction of having three stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his work in radio, television, and music
       And I Love You So was Perry Como's 21st 12" long-play album released by RCA Records.
       As with It's Impossible, this album was issued to feature a surprise hit single, Don McLean's "And I Love You So". Como brought the song to the national top 40 (Number One Easy Listening). Previous versions of the song by Bobby Goldsboro and Bobby Vinton had met with mild or no success. Como's version was so successful, RCA asked him to record the song in Spanish. When Como said he didn't speak the language, he received personal Spanish lessons from the head of RCA International to get the record made. As in recent Como LP's, this collection features selections from then contemporary recording artists such as Roberta Flack, The Carpenters, Ray Price, Tony Orlando and Dawn, Bread and Mac Davis. The album was among the last to be produced by Chet Atkins before he stepped down from his executive position at RCA's Nashville studios.
And I love you so
The people ask me how
How I've lived till now
I tell them I don't know
 
I guess they understand
How lonely life has been
But life began again
The day you took my hand
 
And yes, I know how lonely life can be
The shadows follow me 'n' the night won't set me free
But I don't let the evening get me down
Now that you're around me
 
And you love me, too
Your thoughts are just for me
You set my spirit free
I'm happy that you do
 
The book of life is brief
And once a page is read
All but life is dead
That is my belief
 
And yes, I know how lonely life can be
The shadows follow me and the night won't set me free
But I don't let the evening get me down
Now that you're around me.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário