THE DOORS - HELLO, I LOVE YOU

, , Sem Comentários

HELLO, I LOVE YOU

THE DOORS
SONGWRITERS: JAMES MORRISON; JOHN DENSMORE; RAY MANZAREK & ROBBY KRIEGER
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: WAITING FOR THE SUN
LABEL: ELEKTRA RECORDS
GENRE: ROCK
YEAR: 1968
 
         The Doors were an American rock band formed in Los Angeles in 1965, with vocalist Jim Morrison, keyboardist Ray Manzarek, guitarist Robby Krieger, and drummer John Densmore. They were among the most controversial and influential rock acts of the 1960s, partly due to Morrison's lyrics and voice, along with his erratic stage persona, and the group is also widely regarded as an important part of the era's counterculture.
         The band took its name from the title of Aldous Huxley's book The Doors of Perception, itself a reference to a quote by William Blake. After signing with Elektra Records in 1966, the Doors with Morrison released six albums in five years, some of which are considered among the greatest of all time, including their self-titled debut (1967), Strange Days(1967), and L.A. Woman (1971). They were one of the most successful bands during that time and by 1972 the Doors had sold over 4 million albums domestically and nearly 8 million singles.
         Morrison died in uncertain circumstances in 1971. The band continued as a trio until disbanding in 1973. They released three more albums in the 1970s, two of which featured earlier recordings by Morrison, and over the decades reunited on stage in various configurations. In 2002, Manzarek, Krieger and Ian Astbury of the Cult on vocals started performing as "The Doors of the 21st Century". Densmore and the Morrison estate successfully sued them over the use of the band's name. After a short time as Riders on the Storm, they settled on the name Manzarek–Krieger and toured until Manzarek's death in 2013.
        Waiting for the Sun is the third studio album by the American rock band the Doors. Recorded at TTG Studios in Los Angeles, the album's 11 tracks were recorded between late 1967 and May 1968 and the album was released by Elektra Records on July 3, 1968. It became the band's only number one album (topping the charts for four weeks) and included their second US number one single, "Hello, I Love You" (for two weeks starting August 3, 1968). The first single released off the album was "The Unknown Soldier," which peaked at number 39 on the Billboard Hot 100. It also became the band's first hit album in the UK, where it peaked at number 16.
         Having released two records, the Doors started to improvise for this third LP in late 1967. Due to the absence of original material however, the group suffered what drummer John Densmore described as the "third album syndrome", meaning the difficulty of a band to have a stock of very good compositions, capable of filling a third disc in a row. This was something that had been pointed out by the critics at the time. The recording was also hugely difficult for the group due to lead singer Jim Morrison's worsening alcoholism.
        To coincide with the 50th anniversary of the album's release in 2018, a 1-LP/2-CD deluxe version of the album was released by Rhino Records. This was overseen by long-time Doors sound engineer Bruce Botnick.
Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name?
Hello, I love you, let me jump in your game
Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name?
Hello, I love you, let me jump in your game
 
She's walking down the street
Blind to every eye she meets
Do you think you'll be the guy
To make the queen of the angels sigh?
 
Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name?
Hello, I love you, let me jump in your game
Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name?
Hello, I love you, let me jump in your game
 
She holds her head so high, like a statue in the sky
Her arms are wicked, and her legs are long
When she moves my brain screams out this song
 
Sidewalk crouches at her feet
Like a dog that begs for something sweet
Do you hope to make her see, you fool?
Do you hope to pluck this dusky jewel?
 
Hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, hello
I want you, hello, I need my baby
Hello, hello, hello, hello.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário