LEONA LEWIS - I WILL BE

, , Sem Comentários

I WILL BE

LEONA LEWIS
SONGWRITERS: AVRIL RAMONA LAVIGNE; LUKASZ GOTTWALD & MARTIN KARL SANDBERG
COUNTRY: U. K.
ALBUM: SPIRIT
LABEL: SYCO
GENRE: POP MUSIC
YEAR: 2007
 
        Leona Louise Lewis(born 3 April 1985) is a British singer, songwriter, actress, model and activist. Born and raised in the London Borough of Islington, she attended the BRIT School for Performing Arts and Technology in Croydon. Lewis achieved national recognition when she won the third series of The X Factor in 2006, winning a £ million recording contract with Syco Music. Her winner's single, a cover of Kelly Clarkson's "A Moment Like This", peaked at number one for four weeks on the UK Singles Chart and broke a world record by reaching 50,000 digital downloads within 30 minutes. In February 2007, Lewis signed a five-album contract in the United States with Clive Davis's record label, J Records.
       Lewis's success continued with the release of her debut studio album, Spirit(2007), which was certified 10× platinum in the UK and became the fourth best-selling album of the 2000s and one of the best-selling albums in UK chart history. According to the Official Charts Company, Spirit is the best-selling debut album by a female artist in the 21st century. The lead single, "Bleeding Love", spent seven weeks at number one in the UK and was the best-selling single of 2007. In the US, it was the best-selling single of 2008 and Lewis was proclaimed Best New Artist by Billboard the same year. In 2009, she released her second studio album, Echo, and recorded the theme song, "I See You", for the film Avatar.
      In 2011, Lewis released the single "Collide", a collaboration with Swedish DJ Avicii, and her debut extended play, Hurt: The EP. Her third studio album, Glassheart (2012), marked a new creative direction for Lewis, drawing inspiration from dubstep and electronic music. She began to record material for her first Christmas album during her Glassheart Tour, which took place in mid 2013. Christmas, with Love was released later that year and its lead single, "One More Sleep", peaked at number three in the UK. With this chart entry, Lewis became the first British female solo artist to reach the top five with eight singles, surpassing Olivia Newton-John's record of seven.
       In 2014, she made her film debut in Walking on Sunshine, and her fourth studio album, I Am, was released the following year. In 2016, Lewis made her Broadway debut as Grizabella in the revival of Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical Cats, and the following year, she signed a modelling contract with Wilhelmina Models. She then collaborated with Calum Scott on the single "You Are The Reason"(2018), and had a recurring role on the American television series The Oath(2019). In 2021, Lewis joined the Paramount Plus show Queen of The Universe as a judge.
        Spirit is the debut studio album by English singer Leona Lewis, released by Syco Music in November 2007 in the United Kingdom and Ireland, followed by a worldwide release during early 2008. The album made Lewis the first UK solo artist to debut at number one with a debut album, in the US, on 26 April 2008. Spirit became the fastest-selling debut album in the UK, at time of release. It also became the fastest album to sell one million copies by a solo female in the UK. The album remains the best-selling debut album by a female artist in the UK, and is one of the best-selling albums in UK chart history. Spirit is officially the best-selling debut album by a female artist in the 21st century, according to the Official Charts Company.
         After winning the third series of reality singing contest The X Factor in December 2006, Lewis began recording the album in Sweden, the United Kingdom and United States, working with a variety of writers and producers. Critics praised the album for creating a contemporary album using such a variety of producers, and for showcasing Lewis's voice. The release of the album marked Lewis as the first winner of a major television talent show in both the UK and US to be given a major global launch with a debut album.
     The album debuted at number one in nine countries, including the United Kingdom, United States and Germany, and peaked in the top five in a further eight countries. It held the record for the biggest digital album sales in a week ever for a new artist. The album was the sixth biggest-selling of 2008 in the world, as according to the IFPI. It has gone on to sell over eight million copies worldwide, and was the fourth best-selling album of the 2000s in the UK, where it has since sold over 3.12 million copies and remains the best-selling debut album by a female artist. In October 2019, Spirit was recognised as the seventh best-selling album of the 21st century in the UK.
          Spirit spawned seven singles, including two from a re-release of the album. Lead international single "Bleeding Love" went on to top the charts in 36 countries, becoming one of the best-selling singles by a female of all-time. It was nominated for Record of the Year and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance at the 51st Grammy Awards, and British Single of the Year at the 2008 Brit Awards. Follow-up single "Better in Time" also fared well, charting in the top 10 in 13 countries and reaching number 11 in the US. After a well received performance of Snow Patrol's "Run" whilst promoting Spirit, Lewis recorded a cover version for the re-release of the album, titled Spirit – The Deluxe Edition, which was released as a download-only single in the UK, where it charted at number one, going on to be the third Platinum-selling single from Spirit, following X Factor winner's single "A Moment Like This" and "Bleeding Love".
There's nothing I could say to you
Nothing I could ever do to make you see
What you mean to me
 
All the pain, the tears I cried
Still you never said goodbye and now I know
How far you'd go
 
And if I let you down
I'll turn it all around
This time I'll never let you go
 
I will be, all that you want
And get myself together
'Cause you keep me from falling apart
 
All my life, I'll be with you forever
To get you through the day
And make everything OK
 
I thought that I had everything
I didn't know what life could bring
But now I see, honestly
 
You're the one thing I got right
The only one I let inside
Now I can breathe, cause you're here with me
 
If I let you down
I turned it all around
Cause I'll never let you go
 
I will be, all that you want
And get myself together
'Cause you keep me from falling apart
 
And all my life, Ill be with you forever
To get you through the day and make everything okay
 
Without you I can't breathe
I'm not gonna ever, ever let you leave
You're all I got, you're all I want, oh
'Cause without you I don't know what I'd do
I can never, ever live a day without you
Here with me, do you see you're all I need?
 
And I will be, all that you want and get myself together
'Cause you keep me from falling apart
And all my life, I'll be with you forever
To get you through the day and make everything okay
 
I will be all that you want and get myself together
'Cause you keep me from falling apart
And all my life, I'll be with you forever
To get you through the day and make everything okay.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário