PINK FLOYD - JULIA DREAM

, , Sem Comentários
JULIA DREAM
PINK FLOYD
SONGWRITER: ROGER WATERS
COUNTRY: U.K.
ALBUM: WISH YOU WERE HERE
LABEL: COLUMBIA RECORDS
GENRE: ROCK PROGRESSIVE
YEAR: 1975

"Julia Dream" is the B-side of the Pink Floyd single "It Would Be So Nice". The song was the first to be recorded by the band with lead vocals by David Gilmour.
Written by bassist Roger Waters, "Julia Dream" is characterised by the slow tempo, the airy, ambient Mellotron sounds from keyboardist Rick Wright and lush chorus vocals.
The song's lyrics include reference to an eiderdown, an item also mentioned in two other known Pink Floyd songs - Syd Barrett's "Flaming" and Gilmour/Waters's "A Pillow of Winds".
The song was later included on several compilation albums: The Early Years 1965-1972 box, The Best of Pink Floyd, Relics, and The Early Singles disc which was included in the Shine On box set.
Sunlight bright upon my pillow
Lighter than an eiderdown
Will she let the weeping willow
Wind his branches round

Julia dream
Dreamboat queen
Queen of all my dreams

Every night I turn the light out
Waiting for the velvet bride
Will the scaly armadillo
Find me where I'm hiding?

Julia dream
Dreamboat queen
Queen of all my dreams

Will the misty master break me?
Will the key unlock my mind?
Will the following footsteps catch me?
Am I really dying?

Julia dream
Dreamboat queen

Queen of all my dreams.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário