EMMYLOU HARRIS - TILL I GAIN CONTROL AGAIN

, , Sem Comentários
TILL I GAIN CONTROL AGAIN
EMMYLOU HARRIS
SONGWRITER: RODNEY CROWELL
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: ELITE HOTEL
LABEL: REPRISE RECORDS
GENRE: COUNTRY
YEAR: 1975

Elite Hotel is an album by country music artist Emmylou Harris, released in 1975. Elite Hotel was Harris' second album to be released in 1975, preceded by the widely acclaimed Pieces of the Sky. Elite Hotel surpassed it on the Billboard charts, becoming Harris' first #1 country album. The album yielded two #1 country singles: "Together Again" and Harris' version of the Patsy Cline hit "Sweet Dreams", and "One of These Days" made it to the #3 spot. A performance of The Beatles' "Here, There and Everywhere" entered the pop charts at #65. Harris' eclectic musical tastes were reflected in her choice of material by Hank Williams, The Beatles, Gram Parsons and Buck Owens. Harris' vocals on the album earned her the Grammy Award for Best Country Vocal Performance, Female.
Emmylou Harris (born April 2, 1947) is an American singer, songwriter, and musician. She has released dozens of albums and singles over the course of her career and won 14 Grammys, the Polar Music Prize, and numerous other honors, including induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame. In 2018 she was presented the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.
Her work and recordings include work as a solo artist, a bandleader, an interpreter of other composers' works, a singer-songwriter, and a backing vocalist and duet partner. She has worked with numerous artists.
Just like the sun over the mountain top
You know i'll always come again
You know i love to spend my morning time
Like sunlight dancing on your skin
I've never gone so wrong as to telling lies to you
What you've seen is what I've been
There is nothing I could hide from you
You see me better than I can
Out on the road that lies before me now
There are some turns where I will spin
I only hope that you can hold me now
Till i can gain control again

Like a lighthouse you must stand alone
Landmark the sailor's journeys end
No matter what sea I've have been sailing on
I'll always roll this way again
Out on the road that lies before me now
There are some turns where I will spin
I only hope that you can hold me now
Till i can gain control again.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário