OZZIE NELSON - DREAM A LITTLE DREAM OF ME

, , Sem Comentários
DREAM A LITTLE DREAM OF ME
OZZIE NELSON
SONGWRITERS: FABIAN ANDRÉ; GUS KAHN & WILBUR SCHWANDT
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: OZZIE NELSON & ORCHESTRA – DREAM A LITTLE DREAM OF ME
LABEL: BRUNSWICK
GENRE: JAZZ
YEAR: 1931

Oswald George Nelson(March 20, 1906 – June 3, 1975) was an American band leader, actor, director, and producer. He originated and starred in The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, a radio and television series with his wife Harriet and two sons David and Ricky Nelson.
Nelson started his entertainment career as a band leader. He formed and led "The Ozzie Nelson Band," and had some initial limited success. Nelson made his own "big break" in 1930, when The New York Daily Mirror ran a poll of its readers to determine their favorite band. Since he knew that news vendors got credit from the newspaper for unsold copies by returning the front page and discarding the rest of the issue, he cannily had his band's members gather hundreds of discarded newspapers and fill out ballots in their own favor. They edged out Paul Whiteman and were pronounced the winners.
Stars shining bright above you
Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"
Birds singing in the sycamore tree
Dream a little dream of me

Say "Night-ie night" and kiss me
Just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me
While I'm alone and blue as can be
Dream a little dream of me

Stars fading but I linger on, dear
Still craving your kiss
I'm longing to linger till dawn, dear
Just saying this

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you
Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you
But in your dreams whatever they be
Dream a little dream of me.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário