THE MAMAS & THE PAPAS - DREAM A LITTLE DREAM OF ME

, , Sem Comentários
DREAM A LITTLE DREAM OF ME
THE MAMAS & THE PAPAS
SONGWRITERS: GUS KAHN & FABIAN ANDRE+WILBUR SCWANDT
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: THE PAPAS & THE MAMAS
LABEL: DUNHILL
GENRE: POP
YEAR: 1968

Dream a Little Dream of Me was recorded in 1931 and became a classic of depression-era America.
The Mamas & Papas chose to record the with “Mama” Cass Elliot on lead vocals, and it became her signature song, and she performed it with The Mamas & The Papas and as a solo artist until her death in 1974.
"Dream a Little Dream of Me" is a 1931 song with music by Fabian Andre and Wilbur Schwandt and lyrics by Gus Kahn. It was first recorded in February 1931 by Ozzie Nelson and also by Wayne King and His Orchestra, with vocal by Ernie Birchill. A popular standard, it has seen more than 60 other versions recorded, with one of the highest chart ratings by the Mamas & the Papas in 1968 with Cass Elliot on lead vocals.
The Papas & The Mamas is a 1968 album by The Mamas & the Papas. It was their fourth and final album together before the group temporarily broke up before a brief 1971 reunion.
Unlike previous studio-recorded albums, The Papas & The Mamas was recorded at the home of John and Michelle Phillips, although with the same production team as on previous albums. Their original studio, Western Recorders, switched to Solid State technology, and Phillips and Adler purchased the analog board they had done their previous recordings with, and installed it in their new studio. In retrospect, Adler has said that the recording space was not well made, and the sound quality was not well-suited for a vocal group like The Mamas & The Papas.
With the exception of the very successful cover version of "Dream a Little Dream of Me" (which is not representative of the rest of the album), the album's subject matter is often downbeat and world-weary, most notably in the lyrical content of "Safe in My Garden", "Mansions", "Too Late" and "Rooms".
Stars shining bright above you
Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"
Birds singing in a sycamore tree
Dream a little dream of me

Say nighty night and kiss me
Just hold me tight and tell me you miss me
While I'm alone and blue as can be
Dream a little dream of me

Stars fading but I linger on dear
Still craving your kiss
I'm longing to linger till dawn dear
Just saying this

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you
Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you
But in your dreams whatever they be
Dream a little dream of me

Stars fading but I linger on dear
Still craving your kiss
I'm longing to linger till dawn dear
Just saying this

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you
Sweet dreams that leave all worries far behind you
And in your dreams
Whatever they be
Dream a little dream of me.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário