JIM BRICKMAN & JORDAN HILL - MY DESTENY

, , Sem Comentários

MY DESTENY

JIM BRICKMAN & JORDAN HILL
SONGWRITERS: DE VILLER DANE ANTHONY; HOSEIN SYED SEAN & BRICKMAN JAMES MERRILL
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: DESTENY
LABEL: WINDHAM HILL RECORDS
GENRE: NEW AGE
YEAR: 1999
 
     Jordan Hill (born Whitney Jordan Hill) is an American singer-songwriter.
     Hill was originally signed by producer David Foster to his own label 143 Records, a division of Warner Music Group. Her first song, "Remember Me This Way", which was produced by Foster, became the film Casper's theme song and was released as a single.
    Jordan Hill's self-titled debut album was released on May 21, 1996, and was produced by David Foster, Greg Charley, Rhett Lawrence, Jeff Pescetto, SoulShock & Karlin and Mario Winans. Hill covered many songs, such as Cheryl Lynn's "Got to Be Real", Oleta Adams' "I Just Had to Hear Your Voice", and Lisa Stansfield's "Make It Right". "For the Love of You", produced by Foster and Winans, was released as the first single; it became a hit both on the Billboard Hot 100 and R&B/Hip-Hop charts. However, the remix version by Tony Moran became her biggest hit, going Top 10 on the Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart.
         The second single, released only in Europe, was "How Many Times" (which was later covered by Aretha Franklin) and the third single, also a Europe exclusive, was "Too Much Heaven", a cover of the Bee Gees song and featured Barry Gibb singing backup. Due to a lack of support and promotion, she left the label.
         Hill has worked with some notable artists, such as the Bee Gees and Jim Brickman, whose 1999 Top 10 adult contemporary hit "Destiny" featured Hill on vocals, along with Billy Porter.
       As of 2014, Hill was writing and recording her second album, which was initially scheduled for release in 2015.
    Billy Porter (born September 21, 1969) is an American actor and singer. He attended Taylor Allderdice, graduated from Carnegie Mellon University School of Drama, and achieved fame performing on Broadway before starting a solo career as a singer and actor.
         Porter won the 2013 Tony Award for Best Actor in a Musical for his role as Lola in Kinky Boots at the 67th Tony Awards. He credits the part for "cracking open" his feminine side to confront toxic masculinity. For the role, Porter also won the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actor in a Musical and Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Actor in a Musical. In 2014 Porter won the Grammy Award for Best Musical Theater Album for Kinky Boots. He currently stars in the television series Pose for which he was nominated for a Golden Globe Award and won the 2019 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series, becoming the first openly gay black man to be nominated and win in any lead acting category at the Primetime Emmys.
       Porter is included in Time magazine's 100 Most Influential People of 2020.
         "Destiny" is a song co-written and performed by American recording artist Jim Brickman, featuring singer Jordan Hill and Billy Porter. It was released in 1999 on Windham Hill Records and BMG as the second single and as well as the thirteenth track from his fifth studio album of the same name. It is a pop song that was written by Dane Deviller, Sean Hosein and Jim Brickman and produced by the latter and by David Pringle.
What if I never knew
What if I never found you
I'd never have this feeling in my heart
How did this come to be
I don't know how you found me
But from the moment I saw you
Deep inside my heart I knew
 
Baby you're my destiny
You and I were meant to be
With all my heart and soul
I give my love to have and hold
And as far as I can see
You were always meant to be
My destiny
 
I wanted someone like you
Someone that I could hold on to
And give my love until the end of time
But forever was just a word
Something I'd only heard about
But now you're always there for me
When you say forever I believe
 
Baby you're my destiny
You and I were meant to be
With all my heart and soul
I give my love to have and hold
And as far as I can see
You were always meant to be
My destiny
 
Maybe all we need
Is just a little faith
'Cause baby I believe
That love will find the way
Hey yeah
 
Baby you're my destiny
You and I were meant to be
With all my heart and soul
I give my love to have and hold
And as I far as I can see
From now until eternity
You were always meant to be
My destiny
You're my destiny
You're my.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário