JAMES TAYLOR - SOMETHING IN THE WAY SHE MOVES

, , Sem Comentários

SOMETHING IN THE WAY SHE MOVES

JAMES TAYLOR
SONGWRITER: JAMES TAYLOR
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: JAMES TAYLOR
LABEL: APPLE RECORDS
GENRE: FOLK ROCK
YEAR: 1968
 
               James Vernon Taylor (born March 12, 1948) is an American singer-songwriter and guitarist. A five-time Grammy Award winner, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2000. He is one of the best-selling music artists of all time, having sold more than 100 million records worldwide.
              Taylor achieved his breakthrough in 1970 with the Nº.3 single "Fire and Rain" and had his first Nº.1 hit in 1971 with his recording of "You've Got a Friend", written by Carole King in the same year. His 1976 Greatest Hits album was certified Diamond and has sold 12 million US copies. Following his 1977 album JT, he has retained a large audience over the decades. Every album that he released from 1977 to 2007 sold over 1 million copies. He enjoyed a resurgence in chart performance during the late 1990s and 2000s, when he recorded some of his most-awarded work (including Hourglass, October Road, and Covers). He achieved his first number-one album in the US in 2015 with his recording Before This World.
               He is known for his covers, such as "How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You)" and "Handy Man", as well as originals such as "Sweet Baby James".
           James Taylor is the self-titled debut studio album by American singer-songwriter James Taylor. Released on December 6, 1968, it was the first recording by a non-British artist released by Apple Records, and would also be Taylor's only release on that label. The album was released under the title First Album on the South African market.
There's something in the way she moves,
Or looks my way, or calls my name,
That seems to leave this troubled world behind.
If I'm feeling down and blue,
Or troubled by some foolish game,
She always seems to make me change my mind.
 
Chorus:
'n'(and) I feel fine anytime she's around me now,
She's around me now
Almost all the time.
'n'(and) if I'm well you can tell that she's been with me now,
'n'(and) she's been with me now
Quite a long, long time
And I feel fine.
 
Every now and then the things I lean on lose their meaning,
And I find myself careening
Into places where I should not let me go.
-- she has the power to go where no one else can find me,
Yes, and to silently remind me
Of the happiness and good times that I know, you know.
Well I said I just got to know that:
 
It isn't what she's got to say
Or how she thinks or where she's been.
To me, the words are nice, the way they sound.
I like to hear them best that way –
It doesn't much matter what they mean,
Weh (when/well? ) she says them mostly just to calm me down.
 
Chorus:
'n'(and) I feel fine anytime she's around me now,
A-she's around me now
Almost all the time.
If I'm well you can tell that she's been with me now,
And she's been with me now
Quite a long,
Long
Time –
Yes, and I feel fine.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário