JOHNNY NASH - STIR IT UP

, , Sem Comentários
STIR IT UP
JOHNNY NASH
SONGWRITER: BOB MARLEY
COUNTRY: U.S.A.
ALBUM: I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW
LABEL: CBS RECORDS INTERNATIONAL
GENRE: REGGAE
YEAR: 1972

"Stir It Up" is a song composed by Bob Marley in 1967 and first recorded by his group The Wailers that year and issued as a single. The song was later covered by American Singer Johnny Nash on his 1972 album I Can See Clearly Now album. The next year, Marley and the Wailers then re-recorded the song for their álbum Catch a Fire.
The Wailers performed the song on The Old Grey Whistle Test in 1973 during their first trip to the UK.
"Stir It Up" was Marley's first successful song outside Jamaica. Another song written by Bob Marley, "I Shot The Sheriff", was made a hit by Eric Clapton on the album 461 Ocean Boulevard, July 1974. Marley's first "own" international hit, "No Woman No Cry", was released on the Bob Marley and the Wailers album Live!, December 1975.
Stir it up, little darling, stir it up
Come on baby come on and stir it up little darling, stir it up
It's been a long long time since I've got you on my mind
And now you are here
I say it's so clear
To see what we can do baby, just me and you

Come on and stir it up, little darling, stir it up
Come on baby come on and stir it up. little darling, stir it up
I'll push the wood, I'll blaze your fire
Then I'll satisfy your heart's desire
Said I'll stir it up, yeah, ev'ry minute, yeah
All you got to do baby, is keep it in
And stir it up, little darling, stir it up
Come on and stir it up, oh, little darling, stir it up, yeah

Oh, will you quench me when I'm thirsty?
Come and cool me down baby, when I'm hot
Your recipe, darling, is so tasty
And you sure can stir your pot
So stir it up, little darling, stir it up
Come on and stir it up, oh, little darling, stir it up

Come on and stir it up, oh, little darling, stir it up.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário