NINA SIMONE - I PUT A SPELL ON YOU

, , Sem Comentários
I PUT A SPELL ON YOU
NINA SIMONE
SONGWRITER: JAY HAWKINS
WHERE: MONTREAL 1992
COUNTRY: U.S.A.
ALBUM: I PUT A SPELL ON YOU
LABEL: PHILIPS RECORDS
GENRE: JAZZ
YEAR: 1965

I Put a Spell on You is a 1965 album by jazz singer/pianist/songwriter Nina Simone for Philips Records. Described by AllMusic reviewer Richie Unterberger as "One of her most pop-oriented albums, but also one of her best and most consistent", the album features some of Simone's best known songs. On July 24th, 2017, NPR released an article ranking 150 of the greatest albums by women, Simone's 1965 album was ranked #3 overall.
Nina Simone (/ˈniːnəsɪˈmoʊn/; born Eunice Kathleen Waymon; February 21, 1933 – April 21, 2003) was an American singer, songwriter, pianist, arranger, and activist in the Civil Rights Movement. Simone employed a broad range of musical styles including classical, jazz, blues, folk, R&B, gospel, and pop.
Born in North Carolina, the sixth child of a preacher, Waymon aspired to be a concert pianist. With the help of a few supporters in her hometown of Tryon, North Carolina, she enrolled in the Juilliard School of Music in New York.
Waymon then applied for a scholarship to study at the prestigious Curtis Institute of Music in Philadelphia, where she was denied despite a well-received audition. Waymon became fully convinced this rejection had been entirely due to racial discrimination. Years later, two days before her death, the Curtis Institute of Music bestowed on her an honorary degree.
I put a spell on you
'Cause you're mine

You better stop the things you do
I ain't lyin'
No I ain't lyin'

You know I can't stand it
You're runnin' around
You know better daddy
I can't stand it cause you put me down
Yeah, Yeah

I put a spell on you
Because you're mine
You're mine

I love ya
I love you
I love you
I love you anyhow
And I don't care
If you don't want me
I'm yours right now

You hear me
I put a spell on you

Because you're mine.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário