PEABO BRYSON - IF EVER YOUR IN MY ARMS AGAIN

, , Sem Comentários

IF EVER YOUR IN MY ARMS AGAIN

PEABO BRYSON
SONGWRITERS: CYNTHIA WEIL; MICHAEL MASSER & TOM SNOW
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART
RECORD: ELEKTRA RECORDS
GENRE: R&B
YEAR: 1984
 
          Robert Peapo "Peabo" Bryson(born April 13, 1951) is an American singer and songwriter. He is well known for singing soul ballads(often as a duet with female singers) including the 1983 hit "Tonight, I Celebrate My Love" with Roberta Flack, and he has contributed to two Disney animated feature soundtracks. Bryson is a winner of two Grammy Awards.
       "If Ever You're in My Arms Again" is a 1984 song recorded by American R&B singer Peabo Bryson. Released as a single from his álbum Straight from the Heart, the single peaked at #6 on the R&B chart and was Bryson's first Top 10 single on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, where it peaked at #10 during the summer of 1984. It also spent four weeks at #1 on the adult contemporary chart. The song was used as a love theme for the Kelly Capwell and Joe Perkins characters on the daytime serial Santa Barbara.
It all came so easy
All the loving you gave me
The feelings we shared
And I still can remember
How your touch was so tender
It told me you cared
We had a once in a lifetime
But I just couldn't see
Until it was gone
A second once in a lifetime
May be too much to ask
But I swear from now on
 
If ever you're in my arms again
This time I'll love you much better
If ever you're in my arms again
This time I'll hold you forever
This time we'll never end
 
Now I'm seen clearly
How I still need you near me
I still love you so
There's something between us
That won't ever leave us
There's no letting go
We had a once in a lifetime
But I just didn't know it
Till my life fell apart
A second once in a lifetime
Isn't too much to ask
'Cause I swear from the heart
Never end
 
The best of romances
Deserve second chances
I'll get to you somehow
'Cause I promise now.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário