DORIS DAY - SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY

, , Sem Comentários


SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY
DORIS DAY
COMPOSERS: BUD GREEN; LES BROWN AND BEN HOMER
THE LOVE ALBUM/2006
LABEL: FEINERY
GENRE: POP
YEAR: 2000

The first domestic release of this album, recorded by Miss Day in 1967, right before she commenced production on the 1968 MGM comedy, "Where Were You When the Lights Went Out?" is cause for celebration. Intended as the beginning of a new phase of her recording career after decades of recording for Columbia where she was, for a while, their top-selling female artist, it is a collection that truly befits its title as "The Love Album".
Romantic, dreamy, tender, special and those are barely a handful of adjectives that could be used to describe this exquisite collection given the special Doris Day touch.





Gonna take a sentimental journey
Gonna set my heart at ease
Gonna make a sentimental journey
To renew old memories

Got my bag, got my reservation
Spent each dime I could afford
Like a child in wild anticipation
Long to hear that "All aboard"

Seven, that's the time we leave, at seven
I'll be waitin' up for heaven
Countin' every mile of railroad track
That takes me back

Never thought my heart could be so yearny
Why did I decide to roam?
Gotta take that sentimental journey
Sentimental journey home


Sentimental journey!

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário