NOEL PAUL STOOKEY - THE LADY SAYS (SHE DON'T LIKE JAZZ)

, , Sem Comentários


THE LADY SAYS (SHE DON'T LIKE JAZZ)
Noel Paul stookey
Composer: Noel Paul stookey
Álbum: at home: the maine tour
Label: neworld music publishing
Genre: jazz
Year: 1976

Noel Paul Stookey (born December 30, 1937) is an American, known as Paul in the folk trio Peter, Paul and Mary. He took the stage name "Paul" as part of the trio Peter, Paul and Mary, but he has been known as Noel (his first name) otherwise, throughout his life. Since the death of Mary Travers, he has continued to work as a solo singer and activist.
Video shot at mesquite texas folk festival in the 70's.





The lady says she don't like jazz
You know that seems most peculiar to me
'Cause of all the gifts the lady hás
The one I love just keeps surprising me…

Like when I'm down and in it
It only takes a minute till she finds me
Turns my blue note into a new note
Improvisation, modulation

The lady says she don't like jazz
But I think she might if she knew
Just what a little sponaneity can due

Instrumental

When i'm up against it
She says "now don't get tense, it's
Just your perspective.  take a walk behind it,
I'm sure that you will find it's a
'Trees-for-the-forest' eight bar chorus

The lady don't like jazz (that's what she says)
And I would tend to agree
Except when the lady
Except when the lady
Except when the lady's with me

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário