GLADYS KNIGHT - HELP ME MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT

, , Sem Comentários
HELP ME MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT
GLADYS KNIGHT
SONGWRITER: KRIS KRISTOFFERSON
COUNTRY: U.S.A.
ALBUM: STANDING OVATION
LABEL: MOTOWN RECORDS
GENRE: COUNTRY BALLAD
YEAR: 1972

"Help Me Make It Through The Night" is a country music ballad written and composed by Kris Kristofferson and released on his 1970 album Kristofferson.
Though it was also recorded in 1971 by Elvis Presley, four others recorded it in 1971: Joan Baez for her album Blessed Are... (July 1971), Gladys Knight & The Pips in 1972, Bryan Ferry for his album Another Time, Another Place (October 1974), Jerry Lee Lewis, who did a bluesy version for his album Touching Home, and country singer Sammi Smith, whose recording of the song is the most commercially successful and most well-known version in the United States. Smith's recording ranks among the most successful country singles of all time in terms of sales, popularity and radio airplay. Her recording topped the country singles chart, and was also a crossover hit, reaching number eight on the U.S. pop singles chart.
Other American singers, including Dottie West, also recorded the song throughout the 1970s and early 1980s. The most successful version, after Smith's, was recorded by Gladys Knight & the Pips in 1972 (this version was later sampled extensively to create Huff and Puff's 1996 dance track "Help Me Make It").
I’m imagining a lot of happy people
And most of you are with someone you love
Well you are the lucky ones
All over the world there are
Lots of people who are alone tonight
I imagine most of us have been in that situation
At some time or another I know I have
Recently I heard a most beautiful song, with a
Dynamic lyric that really expresses
This feeling of loneliness
It means a lot to me personally
And I’d like to share it with you
I think you’ll see what I mean

Take the ribbon from my hair
Shake it loose and let it fall
Laying soft against your skin
Like the shadows on a wall

Come and lay down by my side
To the early mornin' light
All I'm taking is your time
Help me make it through the night

I don't care what's right or wrong
And I won't try to understand
Let the Devil take tomorrow
Oh, tonight I need a friend

Yesterday is dead and gone
And tomorrow's out of sight
And it's so sad to be alone
Help me make it through the night

Lord, it's so sad to be alone
Help me make it through the night
Leave me through the night
Come on and take me through the night
Night

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário