ELLA FITZGERALD - KNOCK ME A KISS

, , Sem Comentários

KNOCK ME A KISS

ELLA FITZGERALD
SONGWRITERS: RAZAF ANDY & JACKSON MIKE
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: ELLA SWINGS LIGHTLY
LABEL: VERVE RECORDS
GENRE: JAZZ
YEAR: 1958
 
            Ella Jane Fitzgerald (April 25, 1917 – June 15, 1996) was an American jazz singer, sometimes referred to as the First Lady of Song, Queen of Jazz, and Lady Ella. She was noted for her purity of tone, impeccable diction, phrasing, timing, intonation, and a "horn-like" improvisational ability, particularly in her scat singing.
          After a tumultuous adolescence, Fitzgerald found stability in musical success with the Chick Webb Orchestra, performing across the country but most often associated with the Savoy Ballroom in Harlem. Her rendition of the nursery rhyme "A-Tisket, A-Tasket" helped boost both her and Webb to national fame. After taking over the band when Webb died, Fitzgerald left it behind in 1942 to start her solo career.
             Her manager was Moe Gale, co-founder of the Savoy, until she turned the rest of her career over to Norman Granz, who founded Verve Records to produce new records by Fitzgerald. With Verve she recorded some of her more widely noted works, particularly her interpretations of the Great American Songbook.
            While Fitzgerald appeared in movies and as a guest on popular television shows in the second half of the twentieth century, her musical collaborations with Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, and The Ink Spots were some of her most notable acts outside of her solo career. These partnerships produced some of her best-known songs such as "Dream a Little Dream of Me", "Cheek to Cheek", "Into Each Life Some Rain Must Fall", and "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)".
               In 1993, after a career of nearly 60 years, she gave her last public performance. Three years later, she died at the age of 79 after years of declining health. Her accolades included fourteen Grammy Awards, the National Medal of Arts, and the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
             Ella Swings Lightly is a 1958 studio album by the American jazz singer Ella Fitzgerald, recorded with the Marty Paich Dek-tette. Ella also worked with Marty Paich on her 1967 album Whisper Not. The album features a typical selection of jazz standards from this era, songs from musicals like Frank Loesser's If I Were a Bell, and a famous jazz instrumental vocalised by Ella, Roy Eldridge's Little Jazz.
            This album won Ella the 1960 Grammy award for the Best Improvised Jazz Solo.


Knock me a kiss hey baby
Knock me a kiss I'm in maybe
That's what I want from you really baby
Honey
 
I like cake and no mistake but baby if you insist
I'll cut out a cake just for your sake
Baby come on and knock me a kiss
 
I like pie
I hope to die just get a load of this
When you get high doggone the pie
Baby come on and knock me a kiss
 
When you pressed your lips to mine
It was then I understood
They taste like candy brandy and wine
Peaches bananas and everything good
 
I love jam and no film flam
Scratch that off my list
This ain't no jam
The jam can scram
Baby come on and knock me a kiss
 
I like cars and big cigars but baby they won't be missed
If everyday I hear you say
Baby come on and knock me a kiss
I crave sights like title fights but if you should insist
I cancel nights and title fights
Baby come on and knock me a kiss
 
Yes it's wise to compromise in such cases as this
There's nothing world
The light in your eyes
What can compare with the thrill of your kiss?
 
Scotch and ride are tops with me
But i promise this
If you say so I'll drink ice tea
Baby come on and knock me a kiss
Oh baby oh baby
Baby come on and knock me a kiss.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário