ETTA JAMES - TRUST IN ME

, , Sem Comentários

TRUST IN ME

ETTA JAMES
SONGWRITERS: JEAN SCHWARTZ; MILTON AGER & NED WEVER
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: AT LAST!
LABEL: ARGO RECORDS
GENRE: BLUES
YEAR: 1960
 
             At Last! is the debut studio album by American blues and soul artist Etta James. Released on Argo Records in November 1960 the album was produced by Phil and Leonard Chess. At Last! also rose to no. 12 upon the Billboard Top Catalog Albums chart.
                At Last! was ranked at #119 on Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. It was ranked as the 62nd best album of the 1960s by Pitchfork Magazine.
               The original release of At Last! was issued as a 12-inch LP consisting of ten tracks, five songs on each side of the LP. Phil and Leonard Chess believed that James's voice had crossover pop potential, so with this debut album, they backed her with orchestral arrangements on many of the tracks. At Last! eventually spawned four singles being "All I Could Do Was Cry", "Trust in Me", "At Last", and "My Dearest Darling". The album also included covers of pop and jazz standards, such as "Stormy Weather", "A Sunday Kind of Love", and "I Just Want to Make Love to You". In 1987, the album was released for the first time by MCA/Chess, and then digitally remastered and reissued on compact disc in 1999 with four bonus duet tracks performed with Harvey Fuqua: "My Heart Cries," "Spoonful," "It's a Crying Shame," and "If I Can't Have You."

Trust in me in all you do
Have the faith I have in you
Love will see us through, if only you trust in me
Why don't you trust me?
Come to me when things go wrong
 
Cling to me daddy and I'll be Strong
We can get along, we can get along if only you trust in me
While there's a moon, a moon on high
While there are birds, birds to fly
 
While there is you, you and II can be sure that I love you...
Stand beside me, stand beside me all the while
Come on daddy face the future, why don't you smile?
Trust in me, and I'll be worthy of you
Why don't you trust in me in all you do?
Have the faith that I have in you
 
And love will see us through, if only you trust in me
Why don't you come to me, when things go wrong, cling to me and I'll be strong
We can get along, we can get along if only you trust in me...

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário