CHRISTHIAN WILLISOHN - BLUES IN MY BOTTLE

, , Sem Comentários

BLUES IN MY BOTTLE

CHRISTIAN WILLISOHN
SONGWRITER: CHRISTIAN WILLISOHN
COUNTRY: GERMANY
ALBUM: BOOGIE WOOGIE AND SOME BLUES
LABEL: ENJA RECORDS
GENRE: BLUES
YEAR: 1991
 
       Christian Willisohn(born January 22, 1962 in Munich) is a German blues pianist and singer.
        His musical career began in 1980 in clubs in Munich; In 1986 he gave up his job as a stonemason and sculptor. In 1987 he played with Zora Young for the first time in the USA. Since then he has played with many international blues musicians. Today he appears all over Europe with classics and his own compositions with texts by his wife, Alexandra Mayer.
          In 1988 she began her long-term collaboration with Lillian Boutté, which only ended due to her tragic illness. Since 1992 he has been working with the Dutch saxophonist Boris Vanderlek. In 1995 he produced a textbook for blues & boogie piano with Prof. Herbert Wiedemann from the Berlin University of the Arts. In 1996 he founded the label Art By Heart with the piano builder Rainer Schmidt.
       In 2003 he established the success of the festival series with his appearance at the B&B Rhythm'n'Blues Festival in Halle (Westphalia).
             In 2008 and 2009 he accompanied the “Sea Cloud II” with concert tours from Hamburg to St. Petersburg and from Naples to Venice. The band “Southern Spirit” re-formed around him in autumn 2010 with Boris van der Lek (saxophone), Titus Vollmer (guitar, vocal); Peter Kraus (drums, vocal), Matthias Engelhardt (bass).
          He has the ability to always build a bridge with his music from jazz and blues to classical and other music. In interaction with his band and other musicians, he proves himself to be a good team player who likes to see his colleagues shine too.
I went down to the river
Sat there all night long
Wondering 'bout my life
Wondering what went wrong
Blues in my bottle
Sorrow in my cup
I've been down for so long
 
It's getting hard to get back up
It's hard to find a woman
Even harder to find a friend
When I think love's beginning
It turns out to be the end
Blues in my bottle
Sorrow in my cup
I've been down for so long
 
It's getting hard to get back up
I've been drinkin' and drinkin'
To drive my blues away
It leaves me for the night time
But it's right back next day
Blues in my bottle
Sorrow in my cup
I've been down for so long
 
It's getting hard to get back up
I'm happy on the outside
Folks think I'm OK
But I'm crying on the inside
See my tears they fall like rain
Blues in my bottle
Sorrow in my cup
I've been down for so long
It's getting hard to get back up.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário