SHERYL CROW - THE FIRST CUT IS THE DEEPEST

, , Sem Comentários

THE FIRST CUT IS THE DEEPEST

SHERYL CROW
SONGWRITERS: GEORGIUS STEVEN DEMITRI & YUSUF ISLAM
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: C’MON AMERICA
LABEL: A & M
GENRE: ROCK
YEAR: 1996
 
           Sheryl Suzanne Crow(born February 11, 1962) is an American musician, singer, songwriter, and actress. Her music incorporates elements of pop, rock, country, jazz, and blues. She has released ten studio albums, four compilations, and two live albums, and has contributed to several film soundtracks. Her most popular songs include "All I Wanna Do" (1994), "Strong Enough" (1994), "If It Makes You Happy" (1996), "Everyday Is a Winding Road" (1996), "Tomorrow Never Dies" (1997) (the theme song for the James Bond film of the same name), "My Favorite Mistake" (1998), "Picture" (2002) (duet with Kid Rock) and "Soak Up the Sun" (2002).
       Crow has sold more than 50 million albums worldwide and won nine Grammy Awards(out of 32 nominations) from the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. As an actress, Crow has appeared on various television series including 30 Rock, Cop Rock, GCB, Cougar Town, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert's Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear, One Tree Hill and NCIS: New Orleans.
        Sheryl Crow is the second studio album by American singer Sheryl Crow, released on September 24, 1996 by A&M Records. Unlike its predecessor Tuesday Night Music Club, which was written by a casual collective formed by Crow and several other musicians, Sheryl Crow was entirely produced by Crow, who wrote most of the songs alone or with only one collaborator. Most of the album was recorded at Kingsway Studios in New Orleans, Louisiana. The album covers topics of American life, relationship breakups, and moral and ethical issues, while encompassing a variety of music genres such as rock, blues, alternative rock, country, and folk.
        Sheryl Crow was a commercial success, being certified 3× platinum by the RIAA and 3× platinum by the BPI. It also reached Nº 6 on the US Billboard Top 200 chart and produced five singles, including the international hit "If It Makes You Happy". The album received very positive reviews from critics, who praised its intricate production and Crow's louder and more assured singing. At the 39th Annual Grammy Awards, the album was awarded Best Rock Album and Crow received the Best Female Rock Vocal Performance award for "If It Makes You Happy". Retrospectively, it is often regarded as Crow's best album.
        "The First Cut Is the Deepest" is a 1967 song written by Cat Stevens, originally released by P. P. Arnold in May 1967. Stevens' own version originally appeared on his álbum New Masters in December 1967.
The song has been widely recorded and has become a hit single for six different artists: P. P. Arnold(1967), Norma Fraser(1967), Keith Hampshire(1973), Rod Stewart(1977), Dawn Penn(1994), Papa Dee(1995) and Sheryl Crow(2003).
I would have given you all of my heart
But there's someone who's torn it apart
And he's taking just all that I had
But if you want, I'll try to love again
Baby, I'll try to love again, but I know
 
The first cut is the deepest, baby, I know
The first cut is the deepest
But when it comes to being lucky, he's cursed
When it comes to lovin' me, he's worse
 
I still want you by my side
Just to help me dry the tears that I've cried
And I'm sure gonna give you a try
If you want, I'll try to love again, try
Baby, I'll try to love again, but I know, oh
 
The first cut is the deepest, baby, I know
The first cut is the deepest
But when it comes to being lucky, he's cursed
When it comes to lovin' me, he's worse
 
I still want you by my side
Just to help me dry the tears that I've cried
But I'm sure gonna give you a try
'Cause if you want, I'll try to love again
(Try to love again, try to love again)
Baby, I'll try to love again, but I know, oh
 
The first cut is the deepest, baby, I know
The first cut is the deepest
But when it comes to being lucky, he's cursed
When it comes to lovin' me, he's worse, oh oh
 
The first cut is the deepest, baby, I know
The first cut is the deepest
Try to love again.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário