RASCAL FLATTS - BLESS THE BROKEN ROAD

, , Sem Comentários

BLESS THE BROKEN ROAD

RASCAL FLATTS
SONGWRITERS: MARCUS HUMMON; JEFF HANNA & BOBBY BOYD
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: HANNAH MONTANA THE MOVIE
LABEL: LYRIC STREET
GENRE: COUNTRY
YEAR: 2004
 
       Rascal Flatts was an American country music band founded in 1999. Its members were Gary LeVox(lead vocals), Jay DeMarcus(bass guitar, background vocals), and Joe Don Rooney(lead guitar, background vocals). DeMarcus is LeVox's second cousin, a brother-in-law of country music singer James Otto, and a former member of the contemporary Christian music duo East to West.
        From 2000 to 2010, they recorded for Disney Music Group's former Lyric Street Records division. While on that label, they released six studio albums, all of which have been certified platinum or higher by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). In order of release, they are Rascal Flatts(2000), Melt(2002), Feels Like Today(2004), Me and My Gang(2006), Still Feels Good(2007), and Unstoppable (2009). After Lyric Street closed in 2010, they moved to Big Machine Records, for which they have released four studio albums and one Christmas album: Nothing Like This(2010), Changed(2012), Rewind(2014), The Greatest Gift of All(2016), and their final studio album, Back to Us(2017).
         Rascal Flatts has released more than forty singles, sixteen of which have reached Nº1 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs, Country Airplay, and/or Canada Country charts. Their longest-lasting Nº1 single, a cover of Marcus Hummon's "Bless the Broken Road", spent five weeks in that position in 2005. Through 2006–07, "What Hurts the Most" was Nº1 on both the Hot Country Songs and Adult Contemporary charts, and peaked at Nº 6 on the Billboard Hot 100.
         On January 7, 2020, the band announced that they would be disbanding following a farewell tour after 21 years together; however, this farewell tour was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Rascal Flatts disbanded in October 2021, owing both to the cancellation of the farewell tour and Rooney's arrest earlier in the year for driving under the influence.
         The highest-charting rendition is by the country music group Rascal Flatts, who cut the song for the Feels Like Today album. Released in November 2004, this version spent five weeks at number one on the Hot Country Singles & Tracks charts. It also won a Grammy Award for Best Country Song and earned a platinum certification from the Recording Industry Association of America. The song topped the 2 million mark in paid downloads on September 18, 2010. It's Rascal Flatts' third song to reach that mark, following "Life Is a Highway" and "What Hurts the Most". As of January 2020, the song has sold 3,719,000 copies in the US.
      On May 25, 2005, during a live performance on American Idol by Carrie Underwood and Rascal Flatts, an additional version was recorded. While not in wide release, and never included on an album, the version received enough radio airplay to enter the country music charts at number 50.
          In 2009, an acoustic version recorded by Rascal Flatts was included in the soundtrack of Hannah Montana: The Movie.
         On May 19, 2012, "Bless the Broken Road" debuted at number 76 and went to number 41 next week on the UK Singles chart (The Official Charts Company), the band's first and only appearance on the chart.
          On February 26, 2020, the song received renewed attention after California-based artist RMR sampled the piano melody for his debut song Rascal. The song and music video would go on to be a viral hit. 

I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you
 
That every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
Yes, He did
 
I think about the years I spent just passin' through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there, you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true
 
Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
Yeah
 
And now I'm just a-rollin' home
Into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
 
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
Ooh! ooh! ooh! ooh! mm! mm!

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário