AL JARREAU & GEORGE BENSON - SUMMER BREEZE

, , Sem Comentários

SUMMER BREEZE

AL JARREAU & GEORGE BENSON
SONGWRITERS: JIMMY SEALS & DARRELL CROFTS
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: GIVIN’IT UP
LABEL: CONCORD RECORDS
GENRE: JAZZ
YEAR: 2006
 
           Alwin Lopez Jarreau(March 12, 1940 – February 12, 2017) was an American singer and musician. His 1981 album Breakin' Away spent two years on the Billboard 200 and is considered one of the finest examples of the Los Angeles pop and R&B sound. The album won Jarreau the 1982 Grammy for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance. In all, he won seven Grammy Awards and was nominated for over a dozen more during his career.
            Jarreau also sang the theme song of the 1980s television series Moonlighting, and was among the performers on the 1985 charity song "We Are the World."
             George Washington Benson(born March 22, 1943) is an American guitarist, singer, and songwriter. He began his professional career at the age of 19 as a jazz guitarist.
           A former child prodigy, Benson first came to prominence in the 1960s, playing soul jazz with Jack McDuff and others. He then launched a successful solo career, alternating between jazz, pop, R&B singing, and scat singing. His álbum Breezin' was certified triple-platinum, hitting nº 1 on the Billboard album chart in 1976. His concerts were well attended through the 1980s, and he still has a large following. Benson has been honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
          Givin' It Up is a collaborative album by American musicians George Benson and Al Jarreau, released on October 24, 2006, by Concord Records. It contains songs previously recorded by both artists (Benson's "Breezin" and Jarreau's "Mornin") and original music. Other vocalists and musicians featured are Jill Scott, Patti Austin, Herbie Hancock, Stanley Clarke, Abe Laboriel, Chris Botti, Marcus Miller, and Paul McCartney. This project also includes standards by Billie Holiday ("God Bless the Child") and Sam Cooke("Bring It On Home to Me"), pop songs by Seals and Crofts("Summer Breeze") and Daryl Hall("Everytime You Go Away") along with the jazz-swing "Four" by Miles Davis, and "Ordinary People" by John Legend.
            In 2007, Benson was awarded his ninth (or tenth) and Jarreau was awarded his sixth Grammy Award for Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance on "God Bless the Child" with Scott. Benson also won his tenth (or ninth) Grammy for Best Pop Instrumental Performance on "Mornin'", while "Breezin'" received a nomination for Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal.
See the curtains hanging in the window
In the evening on a Friday night
A little light shining through the window
Let me know everything is alright, sing this song
 
Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowin' through the jasmine in my mind
Hear me sing, summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowin' through the jasmine in my mind
 
See the paper lying on the sidewalk
A little music from the house next door
So I walk on up to the doorstep
Through the screen and across the floor
 
Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowin' through the jasmine in my mind
Sing it, summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowin' through the jasmine in my mind, yeah
 
When I come home from a hard day's work
And you're waitin' there not a care in the world
 
See the smile a waitin' in the kitchen
Food cooking and the plates for two
Feel the arms that reach out to hold me
In the evenin' when the day is through
 
Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowin' through the jasmine in my mind
Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowin' through the jasmine in my mind
 
Here we go, summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowin' through the jasmine in my mind
Come on, summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowin' through the jasmine in my mind.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário