THE PLATTERS - SMOKE GET IN YOUR EYES

, , Sem Comentários

Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
THE PLATTERS
MUSIC BY JEROME KERN AND LYRICS BY OTTO HARBACH
ALBUM: 50'S ROCK 'N' ROLL - ROCK 'N' ROLL IS HERE TO STAY;
LABEL: ONERPM;
STAMP: K-TEL;
STYLE: ROCK;
YEAR: 2009.

The Platters é um famoso grupo vocal norte-americano.
Formado em Los Angeles, 1953, chegou a vender mais de 53 milhões de discos e está, desde 1990, no Rock And Roll Hall of Fame.
Originalmente formado por Tony Williams, David Lynch, Alex Hodge, o grupo passou por várias alterações na sua formação
Entre seus sucessos, destacam-se "Only You", "My Prayer", "The Great Pretender", "You’ve Got The Magic Touch", "You’ll Never Know", entre outros.

Tony Williams saiu do grupo em 1961 e foi substituído por Sonny Turner. Zola Taylor também saiu e foi substituída por Sandra Dawn. Paul Robi foi substituído por Nate Nelson em 1966.




They asked me how I knew
My true love was true
I of course replied
"Something here inside
Cannot be denied"

They said, "Someday you'll find
All who love are blind
When your heart's on fire
You must realize
Smoke gets in your eyes"

So I chaffed them and I gaily laughed
To think they could doubt my love
Yet today, my love has flown away
I am without my love

Now laughing friends deride
So I smile and say
"When a lovely flame dies

Smoke gets in your eyes"

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário