EDDIE COCHRAN - C'MON EVERYBODY

, , Sem Comentários
C'MON EVERYBODY
EDDIE COCHRAN
SONGWRITERS: EDDIE COCHRAN & JERRY CAPEHART
COUNTRY: U.S.A.
ALBUM: C'mon Everybody 
LABEL: LIBERTY
GENRE: ROCKABILLY
YEAR: 1958

"C'mon Everybody" is a 1958 song by = Eddie Cochran and Jerry Capehart, originally released as a B-side. In 1959 it peaked in the UK (where Cochran had major success and where he died in 1960) at number six in the singles chart, and, thirty years later, in 1988, the track was re-issued there and became a number 14 hit. In the United States the song got to number 35 on the Billboard Hot 100. "C'mon Everybody" is ranked number 403 on the Rolling Stone magazine's list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.
When Cochran recorded his lead vocal for the song, he also created an alternate version of the song called "Let's Get Together". The only change to the lyrics was exactly that: the phrase "Let's get together" in place of "C'mon everybody". This alternate version was eventually released on a compilation album in the 1970s.

C'mon Everybody:
C'mon everybody let's get together tonight
I got some money in my jeans and I'm really gonna spend it right
Been a-doin' my homework all week long
The house is empty, the folks are gone
Ooo C'mon everybody

Well my baby's number one but I'm gonna dance with three orfour
And the house'll be shakin' from my bare feet slappin' thefloor
When you hear that music you can't sit still
If your brother won't rock you then your sister will
Ooo C'mon everybody

Well we'll really have a party but we gotta put a guard outside
If my folks come home I'm afraid they're gonna have my hide
They'll be no more movies for a week or two
No more runnin' round with the usual crew
Who cares C'mon everybody

C'mon everybody
C'mon everybody

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário