SONNY BOY WILLIAMSON II - TAKE YOUR HANDS OUT OF MY POCKETS

, , Sem Comentários
TAKE YOUR HANDS OUT OF MY POCKETS
SONNY BOY WILLIAMSON II
SONGWRITER: SONNY BOY WILLIAMSON II OR (RICE MILLER)
COUNTRY: U.S.A.
ALBUM: GOIN’ DOWN TO ELI’S THE COBRA & ABCO RHYTHM & BLUES ANTHOLOGY 1956 - 1958
LABEL: CHECKER
GENRE: BLUES
YEAR: 1958

Alex or Aleck Miller (né Ford, possibly December 5, 1912 – May 24, 1965), known later in his career as Sonny Boy Williamson, was an American blues harmonica player, singer and songwriter. He was an early and influential blues harp stylist who recorded successfully in the 1950s and 1960s. Miller used various names, including Rice Miller and Little Boy Blue, before calling himself Sonny Boy Williamson, which was also the name of a popular Chicago blues singer and harmonica player. To distinguish the two, Miller has been referred to as Sonny Boy Williamson II.
He first recorded with Elmore James on "Dust My Broom". Some of his popular songs include "Don't Start Me Talkin'", "Help Me", "Checkin' Up on My Baby", and "Bring It On Home". He toured Europe with the American Folk Blues Festival and recorded with English rock musicians, including the Yard birds, the Animals, and Jimmy Page. "Help Me" became a blues standard, and many blues and rock artists have recorded his songs.


Take your hand out of my pocket, I ain't got nothing belong to you
Take your hand out of my pocket, I ain't got nothing belong to you
Little girl if you don't stop ravish me, I will have to put the police on you

I heard about your reputation, no sooner I dropped in your town
I heard about your reputation, the minute I dropped in your town

You know I caught your hand in my pocket above the elbow, and the police got to take you down.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário