THE BEACH BOYS - I'M WAITING FOR THE DAY

, , Sem Comentários
I’M WAITING FOR THE DAY
THE BEACH BOYS
SONGWRITERS: BRIAN WILSON & MIKE LOVE
COUNTRY: U.S.A.
ALBUM: PET SOUNDS
LABEL: CAPITOL
GENRE: PSYCHEDELIC ROCK
YEAR: 1964

"I'm Waiting for the Day" is a song written and composed by Brian Wilson with a small lyric adjustment by Mike Love for American rock band the Beach Boys, released as the fifth track on their 1966 album Pet Sounds. The song is a simple love poem told from the point of view of its narrator who wishes to offer his comfort and support to a girl whose heart was broken by someone else. It was copyrighted by Wilson as a solo composition in February 1964, indicating that it predated the album's sessions by some years.
Its arrangement is characterized for its jazz chords, doo-wop progression, timpani blasts, English horn, flutes, and string section episode. When asked about "I'm Waiting for the Day", Brian said that "there really was no specific inspiration for [the] song." Carl Wilson has stated he loved the dynamics, saying, "The intro is very big, then it gets quite small with the vocal in the verse with a little instrumentation and then, in the chorus, it gets very big again, with the background harmonies against the lead. It is perhaps one of the most dynamic moments in the album." 
I came along when he broke your heart
That's when you needed someone
To help forget about him

I gave you love with a brand new start
That's what you needed the most
To set your broken heart free

I know you cried, and you felt blue
But when I could I gave strength to you
I'm waiting for the day when you can love again

I kissed your lips
And when your face looked sad
It made me think about him
And that you still loved him so

But you know that pretty soon
I made you feel glad
That you belonged to me
And love began to show

He hurt you then, but that's all gone
I guess I'm saying you're the only one
I'm waiting for the day when you can love again

He hurt you then, but that's all done
I guess I'm saying you're the only one
I'm waiting for the day when you can love again

You didn't think that I could sit around and let him work
You didn't think that I could sit around and let (watch) him take you
You didn't think that I could sit around and let him go

You didn't think that I could sit back and let you go
You didn't think...

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário