RICHARD MARX - CHAINS AROUND MY HEART

, , Sem Comentários

CHAINS AROUND MY HEART

RICHARD MARX
SONGWRITERS: FEE WAYBILL & RICHARD MARX
COUNTRY: U. SW. A.
ALBUM: RUSH STREET
LABEL: CAPITOL RECORDS
GENRE: POP
YEAR: 1991
 
       Richard Noel Marx(born September 16, 1963) is an American adult contemporary and pop rock singer-songwriter. He has sold over 30 million albums worldwide.
   Marx's self-titled debut album went triple-platinum in 1987, and his first single, "Don't Mean Nothing", reached number three on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Between 1987 and 1994, he had 14 top 20 hits, including three number one singles.
      Marx is the only male artist in history to have his first seven singles reach the top 5 of the Billboard charts. He has scored a total of 14 number one singles, both as a performer and as a songwriter/producer. As a singer, his Nº 1 hits include "Right Here Waiting", "Hold On to the Nights", "Endless Summer Nights", and "Satisfied". According to Billboard, Marx "holds the distinction of having written songs that have hit Nº 1 on various Billboard charts in each of the last four decades."
        Marx has written or collaborated on songs with other artists, including "This I Promise You" by NSYNC and "Dance with My Father" by Luther Vandross. Marx has been nominated for five Grammy Awards. In 2003, he won the Grammy for Song of the Year for "Dance with My Father".
      Rush Street is the third studio album by singer and songwriter Richard Marx. Released in late 1991, it sold over two million copies in the United States alone. It was Richard's third consecutive multi-million seller in the U. S.
       Its first single, "Keep Coming Back," was #1 on the American Adult Contemporary chart for four consecutive weeks. It reached #5 in Cashbox while peaking at #12 in Billboard. The follow-up single, "Hazard", also hit #1 Adult Contemporary. It reached #6 in Cashbox and #9 on the Billboard Hot 100.
     Subsequent single releases included "Take This Heart" and "Chains Around My Heart", which were Top Ten hits on the US Adult Contemporary charts. All four hits boasted popular music videos as well. Toto members Steve Lukather and Jeff Porcaro were among the session musicians employed on the album, although they play on separate tracks.
        Marx admitted in 2001 that the track "Superstar" is about Madonna. The album was dedicated to son Brandon Marx and grandmother Lois.
Out of my sight
But the vision is still the same
Out of my mind
But the memory remains unchanged
Stones thrown in anger hold twice the hurt
Return to sender could only make things worse
 
Girl, you've got to break these chains around my heart
Cause I've been lonely too long
You've got to break these chains around my heart
So I can finally get on with my life
 
Don't ask me why
Why I've lived with this all alone
Locked up inside
And it's cutting me to the bone
Love is a stranger avoiding me
Beware of danger's the only sign I see
 
Girl, you've got to break these chains around my heart
Cause I've been lonely too long
You've got to break these chains around my heart
So I can finally get on with my life
 
Are you listening
Is there something that you'd like to say
Am I getting through
Are you just gonna leave me this way
 
Girl you've got to break these chains around my heart
Before it tears me in two
You've got to break these chains around my heart
That's all I am asking of you
You've got to break these chains around my heart
Cause I've been lonely too long
You've got to break these chains around my heart
So I can finally get on with my life.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário