JHON MAYALL - SO MANY ROADS

, , Sem Comentários
SO MANY ROADS
JHON MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS
SONGWRITER: JOHN MAYALL
COUNTRY: U. K.
ALBUM: A HARD ROAD
LABEL: LONDON RECORDS
GENRE: BLUES ROCK
YEAR: 1967

A Hard Road is the third album (and second studio album) recorded by John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers, released in 1967. It features Peter Green on lead guitar, John McVie on bass, Aynsley Dunbar on drums and John Almond on saxophone. Tracks 5, 7 and 13 feature the horn section of Alan Skidmore and Ray Warleigh. Peter Green sings lead vocals on "You Don't Love Me" and "The Same Way".
The album reached #8 on the UK album charts which is Mayall's third biggest chart next to Bare Wires and Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton which reached #3 and #6, respectively.
The cover art and the original LP sleeve design are by Mayall. In 2003 and 2006 two different expanded versions of the album were released.
John Mayall, OBE(born 29 November 1933) is an English blues singer, guitarist, organist and songwriter, whose musical career spans over sixty years. In the 1960s, he was the founder of John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers, a band which has counted among its members some of the most famous blues and blues rock musicians.
n 2013, Mayall signed with producer Eric Corne's label, Forty Below Records. The two have produced 4 studio albums together, A Special Life featuring accordionist C.J. Chenier, Find a Way to Care, Talk About That featuring Joe Walsh and Nobody Told Me. Corne also re-mastered some live recordings from 1967 featuring Peter Green, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood released as Live in 1967 Volumes I and II. In 2016, Mayall was inducted into the Blues Hall of Fame.
On June 25, 2019, The New York Times Magazine listed John Mayall among hundreds of artists whose material was reportedly destroyed in the 2008 Universal fire.
       Mayall's autobiography, Blues From Laurel Canyon: My Life As A Bluesman, co-written with author Joel McIver, was published by Omnibus Press  in August 2019.
So many roads, yeah
So many trains to ride
So many roads, yeah
So many, so many trains to ride
Whoa, I've got to find my baby
Whoa, before I'll be satisfied

I was standin' at my window
When I heard that whistle blow
I was standin' at my window
When I heard that whistle blow
I thought it was a streamline
Whoa, it was a B and O

It was a mean old fireman, yeah
It was a cruel, cruel old engineer
It was a mean, mean old fireman, yeah
It was a cruel, cruel old engineer
Yes, it took away my baby
Whoa, and it left me standin' here.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário