OTIS RUSH - RIGHT PLACE , WRONG TIME

, , Sem Comentários
RIGHT PLACE, WRONG TIME
OTIS RUSH
SONGWRITER: OTIS RUSH
WHERE: LIVE AT MONTREUX AT 1986
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: RIGHT PLACE, WRONG TIME
LABEL: BULLFROG RECORDS
GENRE: BLUES
YEAR: 1976

Right Place, Wrong Time is a 1976 album by blues singer and guitarist Otis Rush. Although regarded as one of his finest recordings, the album was not issued until five years after it was recorded.
Otis Rush Jr.(April 29, 1934 – September 29, 2018) was an American blues guitarist and singer-songwriter. His distinctive guitar style featured a slow-burning sound and long bent notes. With qualities similar to the styles of other 1950s artists Magic Sam and Buddy Guy, his sound became known as West Side Chicago blues and was an influence on many musicians, including Michael Bloomfield, Peter Green and Eric Clapton.
Rush was left-handed and played as such; however, his guitars were strung with the low E string at the bottom, upside-down from typical guitarists. He often played with the little finger of his pick hand curled under the low E for positioning. It is widely believed that this contributed to his distinctive sound. He had a wide-ranging, powerful tenor voice.
In 1971, Rush recorded the álbum Right Place, Wrong Time in San Francisco for Capitol Records, but Capitol did not release it. The album was finally issued in 1976, when Rush purchased the master from Capitol and had it released by P-Vine Records in Japan. Bullfrog Records released it in the United States soon after. The album has since gained a reputation as one of his best works. He also released some albums for Delmark Records and for Sonet Records in Europe during the 1970s, but by the end of the decade he had stopped performing and recording.
Rush made a comeback in 1985 with a U.S. tour and the release of a live album, Tops, recorded at the San Francisco Blues Festival.
He released Ain't Enough Comin' in 1994, his first studio album in 16 years. Any Place I'm Goin’ followed in 1998, and he earned his first Grammy Award for Best Traditional Blues Album in 1999. Rush did not record a new studio album after 1998 but he continued to tour and perform until 2003, when he suffered a stroke. In 2002, he was featured on the Bo Diddley tribute album Hey Bo Diddley – A Tribute!, performing the song "I'm a Man", produced by Carla Olson. Rush's 2006 album Live...and in Concert from San Francisco, a live recording from 1999, was released by Blues Express Records. Video footage of the same show was released on the DVD Live Part 1 in 2003.
In June 2016, Rush made a rare appearance at the Chicago Blues Festival in Grant Park. Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel honored Rush's appearance by declaring June 12 to be Otis Rush Day in Chicago. Due to his ongoing health problems Rush was unable to play, but celebrated on the sidelines with his family who stood around him. 
Oh I'm always at the right place at the wrong time
Trying to find the one woman I can call mine
Yes, I'm always at the right place at the wrong time
Trying to find the one woman I can call mine
Yes, when I start a conversation
They tell me they don't leave good things laying 'round

They say there's someone for everybody
Oh but where in the world is the one for me?
Yes they say there's someone for everybody
I wonder where in the world is the one for me?
Another day has gone
My heart remains in misery

Well I guess I'll go out and do the town
I drown my sorrow at the nearest neighborhood bar
Oh! I think I'll go out and do the town
I drown my sorrow at the nearest neighborhood bar
I think I'll catch a train and ride
My destiny God knows I'll find.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário