FOREIGNER - THAT WAS YESTERDAY

, , Sem Comentários

THAT WAS YESTERDAY

FOREIGNER
SONGWRITERS: KELLY HANSEN; MARTI FREDERIKSEN & MICK JONES
COUNTRY: U. K. +U. S. A.
ALBUM: AGENT PROVOCATEUR
LABEL: ATLKANTIC RECORDS
GENRE: ROCK AND ROLL
YEAR: 1984
 
        Foreigner is a British-American rock band, originally formed in New York City in 1976 by veteran British musician and ex–Spooky Tooth member Mick Jones, and fellow Briton and ex–King Crimson member Ian McDonald along with American vocalist Lou Gramm.
       Jones came up with the band's name as he, McDonald and Dennis Elliott were British, while Gramm, Al Greenwood and Ed Gagliardi were American. Their biggest hit single, "I Want to Know What Love Is", topped the United Kingdom and United States charts among others. Another one of their hit singles, "Waiting for a Girl Like You", peaked at number two on the US chart for a record-setting 10 weeks. They are one of the world's best-selling bands of all time with worldwide sales of more than 80 million records, including 37.5 million records in the US.
     Current band members are Kelly Hansen (frontman and percussion); Mick Jones (lead and rhythm guitar, keyboard, backing and lead vocals); Thom Gimbel (rhythm guitar, keyboard, backing vocals, saxophone, and flute); Jeff Pilson (bass and backing vocals); Michael Bluestein (keyboard and backing vocals); Bruce Watson (lead and rhythm guitar, backing vocals); and Chris Frazier (drums and percussion).
            Agent Provocateur is the fifth studio album by the British-American rock band Foreigner, released on December 7, 1984. The album was the band's first and only number one album in the United Kingdom, and it reached the top 5 in the United States. Although album sales were lower than their previous work in the U.S., it contains the band's biggest hit single, "I Want to Know What Love Is", which is their only #1 single in the UK and the U.S., staying at the top spot for three and two weeks respectively. The follow-up single, "That Was Yesterday", also proved to be a sizeable hit, peaking at #12 in the U.S. The album was certified Platinum in the UK by the BPI, and triple Platinum in the U.S. by the RIAA

I thought I knew you well
But all this time
I could never tell
I let you get away
Haunts me every night and every day
You
Were the only one
The only friend that I counted on
How
Could I watch you walk away?
I'd give anything to have you here today
But now
I stand alone with my pride
And dream
That you're still by my side
 
But that was yesterday
I had the world in my hands
But it's not the end of my world
It's just a slight change of plans
That was yesterday
But today life goes on
No more hiding in yesterday
'Cause yesterday's gone
Ooh
 
Love
My love I gave it all
Thought I saw the light
When I heard you call
Life
That we both could share
Has deserted me
Left me in despair
But now
I stand alone with my pride
Fighting back the tears
I never let myself cry
But that was yesterday
Love was took from my hands
But it's not the end of my world
It's just a little hard to understand
That was yesterday
But today life goes on
You won't find me in yesterday's world
Now yesterday's gone
Goodbye yesterday
Now it's over and done
Still I hope somewhere deep in your heart
Yesterday will live on
Ooh!

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário