NATALIE COLE - I LIVE FOR YOUR LOVE

, , Sem Comentários

I LIVE FOR YOUR LOVE

NATALIE COLE
SONGWRITERS: ALLAN RICH; PAM RESWICK & STEVE WERFEL
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: EVERLASTIN
LABEL: EMI - MANHATTAN
GENRE: JAZZ
YEAR: 1987
 
        Natalie Maria Cole (February 6, 1950 – December 31, 2015) was an American singer, songwriter, and actress. Cole was the daughter of American singer and jazz pianista Nat King Cole. She rose to success in the mid-1970s as na R&B singer with the hits "This Will Be", "Inseparable" (1975), and "Our Love" (1977). She returned as a pop singer on the 1987 album Everlasting and her cover of Bruce Springsteen's "Pink Cadillac". In the 1990s, she sang traditional pop by her father, resulting in her biggest success, Unforgettable... with Love, which sold over seven million copies and won her seven Grammy Awards. She sold over 30 million records worldwide. On December 31, 2015, Cole died at the age of 65 at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California, due to congestive heart failure. "I Live for Your Love" is a 1987 song by Natalie Cole. It was the second of four charting singles from her Everlasting LP, and was also the second greatest hit from the album.
    The song reached number 13 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 during the winter of 1988. It was a major Adult Contemporary and R&B hit, reaching number two and number four on those charts, respectively. It was less of a hit on the Canadian pop and AC charts, and also charted minorly in the UK.
           "I Live for Your Love" is Cole's longest-running chart single. It is her only song which spent over five months on the American pop charts. Her only bigger hit on the U.S. Adult Contemporary chart was "Miss You Like Crazy", which reached number one a year later.
          The single shared a B-side with its predecessor, "Jump Start". Both songs were backed with "More Than the Stars".

Stand up, stand on your own, that's what they tell me
You can make it alone, but where does it say I have to move
Far away from you to prove I'm strong
Oh when all it really proves is I'm lonely without you
And loneliness has to be wrong, I live for your love, (everyday), every minute
 
I live for your love, (in my life), want you in it
I live for your love, I admit it, I live for your love
I wake up with no one to kiss, sometimes I wonder, (wonder, wonder) if I just exist
 
I know there are people I can see, places I could be, and friends who call
Oh but what good does it do, there's no substitute for you
I want you or nothing at all, I live for your love, (every day), every minute
 
I live for your love, (in my life), want you in it, I live for your love, I admit it
I live for your love and your kisses, and know how I'm missing
Your sweet tender touch, (tender touch), I need you so much
That I just can't go on anymore, what I wouldn't give for
'Cause darling I live for your love, (everyday), every minute
 
I live for your love, (got one life) want you in it
I live for your love, I hate to admit it, but oh, I live for, I'd die for
What I wouldn't give for your love, (I live for your love, every day)
I live for your love, (got one life) every day, every minute
(I live for your love), I have only got one life, I want you in it
Oh, my baby, yes, yes, I live for your love, ooh, ooh.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário