PETER FRAMPTON - BABY, I LOVE YOUR WAY

, , Sem Comentários
BABY, I LOVE YOUR WAY
PETER FRAMPTON
SONGWRITER: PETER FRAMPTON
COUNTRY: U. K.
ALBUM: FRAMPTON
LABEL: A & M
GENRE: ROCK AND ROLL
YEAR: 1975

Peter Kenneth Frampton (born 22 April 1950) is an English rock musician, singer, songwriter, and producer. He was previously associated with the bands Humble Pie and the Herd. As a solo artist, Frampton released several albums including his international breakthrough album, the live release Frampton Comes Alive! (1976). The album sold more than eight million copies in the United States and spawned several hit singles. Since then he has released several other albums, including the platinum-selling I'm in You (1977). He has also worked with Ringo Starr, the Who's John Entwistle, David Bowie and both Matt Cameron and Mike McCready from Pearl Jam, among others.
Frampton is best known for such hits as "Breaking All the Rules", "Show Me the Way", "Baby, I Love Your Way", "Do You Feel Like We Do", and "I'm in You", which remain staples on classic rock radio. He has also appeared as himself in television shows such as The Simpsons, Family Guy, and Madam Secretary. Frampton is known for his skill as a guitar player, and is closely associated with the talk box.
"Baby, I Love Your Way" is a song written and performed by English singer Peter Frampton. It was released in September 1975 and was first featured on Frampton's 1975 album, Frampton. The song segues from the previous track "Nassau".
A live version of the song was later released on his 1976 multi-platinum álbum Frampton Comes Alive!, where it gained popularity as a hit song, peaking at number 12 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. It also reached number three in Canada.
Billboard described the live version as an "easy rocker" and said that the portion of the song where Frampton sings the title lyrics made "an effective hook."
In 2017, Frampton discussed this song while talking to Washington D.C. lawmakers about inequitable revenue payments from streaming music services like iTunes and Spotify. "For 55 million streams of 'Baby I Love Your Way', I got $1,700," said Frampton. "Their jaws dropped and they asked me to repeat that for them."
Shadows grow so long before my eyes
And they're moving across the page
Suddenly the day turns into night
Far away from the city
But don't hesitate
'Cause your love won't wait

Oh, baby I love your way (everyday)
Wanna tell you I love your way
Wanna be with you night and day

Moon appears to shine and light the sky
With the help of some firefly
Wonder how they have the power to shine, shine, shine
I can see them under the pine
Don't hesitate
'Cause your love won't wait

Well don't hesitate
'Cause your love won't wait

I can see the sunset in your eyes
Brown and grey, blue besides
Clouds are stalking islands in the Sun
I wish I could buy one
Out of season

Don't hesitate
'Cause your love won't wait.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário