URIAH HEEP COME BACK TO ME

, , Sem Comentários

 COME BACK TO ME

URIAH HEEP
SONGWRITER: KEN HENSLEY & LEE KERSLAKE
COUNTRY: U. K
ALBUM: FALLEN ANGEL
LABEL: CASTLE COMUNICATIONS
GENRE: HARD ROCK
YEAR: 1978
 
         Uriah Heep are an English rock band formed in London in 1969. Their current lineup consists of lead and rhythm guitarist Mick Box, keyboardist Phil Lanzon, lead vocalist Bernie Shaw, drummer Russell Gilbrook, and bassist Dave Rimmer. They have experienced numerous lineup changes throughout their 52-year career, leaving Box as the only remaining original member. Notable former members of the band are vocalists David Byron, John Lawton, John Sloman, Peter Goalby, and Steff Fontaine, bassists Gary Thain, Trevor Bolder, John Wetton, Bob Daisley, Paul Newton, and John Jowitt, drummers Nigel Olsson, Lee Kerslake and Chris Slade, and keyboardists Ken Hensley and John Sinclair.
      Uriah Heep were part of the early 1970s rock scene, and have been referred to as pioneers of the hard rock, heavy metal and progressive rock genres. The band has sold over 40 million albums worldwide, where its best-known songs include "Gypsy", "Easy Livin'", "The Wizard", "Sweet Lorraine", and "Stealin'". They also maintain a significant following and perform at arena-sized venues in the Balkans, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, Russia, Finland and Scandinavia.
       Uriah Heep have released twenty-four studio albums of original material, twenty live albums and forty-one compilation albums (including two greatest hits albums). Twelve of the band's studio albums have made it to the UK Albums Chart (Return to Fantasy reached Nº 7 in 1975), while of the fifteen Billboard 200 Uriah Heep albums, Demons and Wizards was the most successful (Nº 23, 1972). In the late 1970s the band had massive success in Germany, where the "Lady in Black" single was a big hit.
           Fallen Angel is the 12th studio album by British rock band Uriah Heep, released in September 1978 by Bronze Records in the UK and Chrysalis Records in USA. It is the last album to feature John Lawton on vocals, before his firing in 1979. Fallen Angel only reached Nº 186 in the US Billboard 200, but in Germany, the band were at the height of their popularity. On this album, the band moved toward na AOR sound, as opposed to the progressive rock of previous albums.
      The album was remastered and reissued by Castle Communications in 1997 with four bonus tracks, and again in 2004 in an expanded deluxe edition.
Alone again I feel so alone again
With this emptiness I just can't hide
Picture me with a broken heart
See the tears run down my face
 
Everything I had has gone
Loneliness... still lingering on
Everything I thought was mine...
Come back to me can't, we try it one more time
Come back to me
 
I know I'll find another love in time
But you'll always be there in the back of my mind
The power of love can bring such pain
I still love you I just love you
 
Alone again I'm so alone again
With nothing but you in my mind
Can't you see what you've done to my life
What can I do to win you back again
 
Everything I had has gone
Loneliness... still lingering on
Everything I thought was mine...
Come back to me can't we try it one more time
Come back to me, take a piece of my heart
Come back to me.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário