VANCE JOY - CALL IF YOU NEED ME

, , Sem Comentários

CALL IF YOU NEED ME

VANCE JOY
SONGWRITER: JAMES KEOGH
COUNTRY: AUSTRALIA
ALBUM: NATION OF TWO
LABEL: ATLANTIC RECORDS
GENRE: INDIE FOLK
YEAR: 2018
 
       James Gabriel Keogh(born 1 December 1987), known professionally as Vance Joy, is an Australian singer and songwriter. He signed a five-album deal with Atlantic Records in 2013. He released his debut EP God Loves You When You're Dancing in March 2013. His song "Riptide" was voted number 1 on the 2013 Triple J Hottest 100. Joy released his debut studio álbum Dream Your Life Away on 5 September 2014 in Australia and on 9 September 2014 elsewhere. At the ARIA Music Awards of 2015, he won Best Male Artist. His second studio album, Nation of Two, was released in 2018.
       Nation of Two is the second studio album by Australian singer-songwriter Vance Joy. The album was announced on 12 January 2018, with Vance Joy explaining: "Nation of Two describes a perfectly self-contained couple; their world beginning and ending at the bed they share, the car they ride in, or any other place where they're together... the idea that their love for each other gives them their bearings; a point of reference that makes sense of life." The concept originally appeared in the Kurt Vonnegut novel Mother Night.
         At the ARIA Music Awards of 2018, Nation of Two won Best Adult Contemporary Album.
I love you in the morning when the blood runs to your cheeks
Babe, you are the first thing and the last thing that I'd see
I was just a boy striking matches upon your heart
I couldn't get no sparks
 
Ask me to go faster, put my foot down to the floor
Standing at the edge, I feel like I've been here before
Loved you in the darkness and I loved you in fluorescent light
If it don't feel right, babe
 
You can run and hide, babe
Like a bird you can take flight
If I've been holding on too tight
If I've been holding on
 
Mmm-hmm, ooh
Ooh, ooh, ooh
 
Your mother always told us we should go out to the dance
You can't get struck by lightning if you're not standing in the rain
Take it as the truth or you can take it with a grain of salt
If it don't work out
 
You were in the shower, we were talking through the glass
Packing up your suitcase, you were humming to yourself
One day you were smiling, I could tell by how you sounded on the phone
You said, "I'm coming home, babe"
 
I'm thinking 'bout coming home, babe
I'm thinking 'bout coming home, babe
I'm thinking 'bout coming home, babe
I'm thinking 'bout coming home
 
I'm thinking 'bout coming home
I'm thinking 'bout coming home.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário