BILLY FURY - I'M LOST WITHOUT YOU

, , Sem Comentários
I’M LOST WITHOUT YOU
BILLY FURY
SONGWRITERS: MARK ALLAN HOPPUS; TRAVER BARKER BLAST & TOM DELONGE
COUNTRY: U.K.
ALBUM: THE LAST CONCERT
LABEL: OZIT RECORDS
GENRE: ROCK AND ROLL
YEAR: 2003

Ronald William Wycherley was born at Smithdown Hospital (later Sefton General Hospital, now demolished), Smithdown Road, Liverpool. He commenced music lessons on the piano before he was a teenager, and was bought his first guitar by the age of 14. Wycherley fronted his own group in 1955, but simultaneously worked full-time on a tugboat and later as a docker. He entered and won a talent competition, and by 1958 had started composing his own songs. Wycherley first attended a concert at the Essoldo Theatre in Birkenhead, run by impresario Larry Parnes, in the hope of interesting famous singer Marty Wilde in some of the songs he had written. Instead, in an episode that has become pop music legend, Parnes pushed young Wycherley up on stage right away. He was such an immediate success that Parnes signed him, added him to the tour, and renamed him 'Billy Fury'. However, his early sexual and provocative stage performances received censure, and he was forced to tone them down. In October 1959, the UK music magazine, NME, commented that Fury's stage antics had been drawing much press criticism.
He released his first hit single for Decca, "Maybe Tomorrow", in 1959. He also appeared in a televised play Strictly for Sparrows, and subsequently on Oh Boy! In March 1960, he reached No. 9 in the UK Singles Chart with his own composition "Colette", followed by "That's Love" and his first album The Sound of Fury (1960), which featured a young Joe Brown on lead guitar, with backup vocals by the Four Jays.





Friends, all ask me about you,
You're gone, and they want to know why,
I've stopped, even trying to tell them,
Tears fill my eyes I walk away,
What can I say where can I go
Without your love, what shall I tell them now that you've left me,
What shall I say, what can I do, I'm lost without you.

If I've made, you unhappy,
I'm sorry, for what I've done wrong,
You can't, really mean it's all over,
Give me a chance, don't walk away,
Hear what I say, where can I go

Without your love, what shall I tell them, now that you've left me,
What shall I say, what can I do, I'm lost without you.

If you turn and walk away, don?t come back now,
If you break my heart again, I'll just hate you,
Hate you with every beat, with every beat of my heart,

Oh, I'm lost without you [Repeat: x3]

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário