DINAH WASHINGTON - TEACH ME TONIGHT

, , Sem Comentários
TEACH ME TONIGHT
DINAH WASHINGTON
SONGWRITERS: Gene DePaul & Sammy Cahn
COUNTRY: U.S.A.
ALBUM: FINEST HOUR
LABEL: MERCURY
GENRE: JAZZ
YEAR: 1954

"Teach Me Tonight" is a popular song that has become a pop standard. The music was written by Gene De Paul, the lyrics by Sammy Cahn. The song was published in 1953.
Cahn wrote a new verse for Frank Sinatra's 1984 recording on L.A. Is My Lady, referencing Sinatra's many love affairs.
The song was recorded several times in 1954 and 1955. The version by Janet Brace was apparently first, making the Billboard chart on 10/23/54 and eventually reaching No. 23. The most influential recording, an R&B top hit in 1954 by Dinah Washington, was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1999. Another hit version of the song was recorded by The DeCastro Sisters, charting at number two in 1955.
Dinah Washington (born Ruth Lee Jones; August 29, 1924 – December 14, 1963) was an American singer and pianist, who has been cited as "the most popular black female recording artist of the '50s". Primarily a jazz vocalist, she performed and recorded in a wide variety of styles including blues, R&B, and traditional pop music, and gave herself the title of "Queen of the Blues". She was a 1986 inductee of the Alabama Jazz Hall of Fame, and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1993.
Did you say I've got a lot to learn?
Well, don't think I'm trying not to learn
Since this is the perfect spot to learn
Teach me tonight

Lets start with the ABC of it
Roll right down to the XYZ of it
Help me solve the mystery of it
Teach me tonight

The sky's a blackboard high above you
If a shooting star goes by
I'll use that star to write "I love you"
1000 times across the sky

One thing isn't very clear, my love
Should the teacher stand so near, my love?
Graduation's almost here, my love
Come on and teach me tonight

I'll use that star to write "I love you"
1000 times across the sky

One thing isn't very clear, my love
Should the teacher stand so near, my love
Graduation is almost here, my love
Teach me, Please teach me
Tonight.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário