PAUL ANKA - YOU ARE MY DESTENY

, , Sem Comentários
YOU ARE MY DESTENY
PAUL ANKA
SONGWRITER: PAUL ANKA
COUNTRY: CANADA
WHERE: LIVE
ALBUM: PAUL ANKA
LABEL: COLUMBIA
GENRE: R & B
YEAR: 1958

Paul Albert Anka OC (born July 30, 1941) is a Canadian-American singer, songwriter, and actor. Anka became famous during the late 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s with hit songs like "Diana", "Lonely Boy", "Put Your Head on My Shoulder", and "(You're) Having My Baby". He wrote such well-known music as the theme for The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson and one of Tom Jones's biggest hits, "She's a Lady", as well as the English lyrics for Frank Sinatra's signature song, "My Way", which has been covered by many including Elvis Presley. He was inducted into Canada's Walk of Fame in 2005.
"You Are My Destiny" is a song written and performed by Paul Anka. It was recorded in September 1957 and released in late fall 1957 and reached number seven on the US Billboard 100 early that year and number fourteen on the R&B chart. The song was also released in the UK, where it reached number six.
In the same year, Dalida released a French version called "Tu m'étais destinée". In 1959, the Argentine vocal group Los Cinco Latinos released a Spanish version under the title "Tu eres mi destino".
For the 2007 album Classic Songs, My Way, Anka re-recorded the song as a duet with Michael Bublé.
In 2009, Greek artist Vassilikos released his own cover of the song in his debut solo album "Vintage: Songs I Wish I Had Written".
You are my destiny
You are what you are for me

You are my happiness
That's what you are

You have my sweet caress
You share my loneliness

You are my dream come true
That's what you are

Heaven and Heaven alone
Can take your love from me

'Cause I'd be a fool
To ever leave you dear
And a fool I'd never be

You are my destiny
You share my reverie

You're more than life to me
That's what you are

You are my destiny
You share my reverie

You're more than happiness
That's what you are

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário