ROO PANES - RAN BEFORE THE STORM

, , Sem Comentários
RAN BEFORE THE STORM
ROO PANES
SONGWRITER: ANDREW PANES
COUNTRY: U. K.
ALBUM: LITTLE GIANT
LABEL: CRC RECORDS
GENRE: FOLK
YEAR: 2014

Andrew "Roo" Panes(born in Wimborne, Dorset, England 8 June 1988) is an English singer-songwriter and model. He has released three EPs: Once(2012), Weight of Your World(2012), and Land of the Living(2013). His début LP Little Giant was released in Autumn 2014, with the leading single "Tiger Striped Sky" previously released on 23 June 2014. His follow-up album Paperweights came in 2016. His third album Quiet Man arrived in 2018, with a deluxe edition released in the following year. Panes plays a 12-string acoustic guitar. Introspective lyrics and a band of string-players contribute to a genre of classical folk music.
Panes gained a wide audience in 2012 after participating in a campaign for Burberry as he joined actress Gabriella Wilde as Burberry label's new campaign star. The contract also included recording music for Burberry Acoustic and modelling.
Panes comes from a musical background, his grandmother was a classical pianist and his mother studied performing arts at Guildhall School of Music and Drama and then worked in theatre. His twin sister is a photographer and his older sister is an illustrator that has developed and designed the artwork for all of his albums.
Panes received the nickname 'Roo' after falling into a river as a child. It was also a homage to a Winnie-the-Pooh character who met a similar fate while playing a game called Poohsticks. He went to university and graduated with a degree in theology, and cites Jesus as an inspiration. 
Upwards I climbed, above me stretched the northern sky
Beneath the great night's height I fought alone
I was at war, both with myself and with it all
My own shadow now my home
No place to call my own

Storms may come, but wild tempests won't tear me away from your arms
I'll hold to the good and the true
I'll weather your storms for the stillness in you
That night I ran, ran, ran before the storm
All of this time, you said I gave too little
But I say you asked for too much
Cos love's a two edged sword and though I'm yours I'm mine
And you'd see if you dared that our moments
Were never owned only ever were they shared
For me there must be you, and for you there must be me

Storms may come, but wild tempests won't tear me away from your arms
I'll hold to the good and the true
I'll weather your storms for the stillness in you
That night I ran, ran, ran before the storm
Ancient love, I ran before the storm
No power to take me, for I was ever yours
That night I ran, ran, ran before the storm.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário