TONY BENNETT - THE LADY IS A TRAMP

, , Sem Comentários
THE LADY IS A TRAMP
TONY BENNETT
SONGWRITERS: LORENZ HART & RICHARD RODGERS
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: PERFECTLY FRANK
LABEL: COLUMBIA RECORDS
GENRE: JAZZ
YEAR: 1992

Anthony Dominick Benedetto (born August 3, 1926), known professionally as Tony Bennett, is an American singer of traditional pop standards, big band, show tunes, and jazz. He is also a painter, having created works under his birth name that are on permanent public display in several institutions. He is the founder of the Frank Sinatra School of the Arts in Astoria, Queens, New York.
Born and raised in Astoria to an Italian-American family, Bennett began singing at an early age. He fought in the final stages of World War II as a U.S. Army infantryman in the European Theater. Afterward, he developed his singing technique, signed with Columbia Records and had his first number-one popular song with "Because of You" in 1951. Several top hits such as "Rags to Riches" followed in early 1953. He then refined his approach to encompass jazz singing. He reached an artistic peak in the late 1950s with albums such as The Beat of My Heart and Basie Swings, Bennett Sings. In 1962, Bennett recorded his signature song, "I Left My Heart in San Francisco". His career and personal life experienced an extended downturn during the height of the rock music era.
Bennett staged a comeback in the late 1980s and 1990s, putting out gold record albums again and expanding his reach to the MTV generation while keeping his musical style intact. He remains a popular and critically praised recording artist and concert performer to date. He has won 19 Grammy Awards (including a Lifetime Achievement Award, presented in 2001) and two Emmy Awards, and was named an NEA Jazz Master and a Kennedy Center Honoree. Bennett has sold over 50 million records worldwide.
Perfectly Frank is an album by Tony Bennett, released in 1992, recorded as a tribute to Frank Sinatra.
Part of Bennett's late-in-life comeback to commercial success, it achieved gold record status in the United States and in 1993 won the Grammy Award for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Performance.
In 2006 it was reissued with the same contents as Perfectly Frank: An American Classic Celebrates 80, in conjunction with Bennett's 80th birthday.
She gets too hungry for dinner at eight (I'm starving)
She loves the theater and never comes late
I never bother with people that I hate
That's why this chick is a tramp

She doesn't like crap games with barons or earls
Won't go to Harlem in ermine and pearls
And I definitely won't dish our dirt with the rest of those girls
That's why the lady is a tramp

I love the free, fresh wind in my hair
Life without care
I'm so broke
It's "oke"

I hate California, it's crowded and damp
That's why the lady is a tramp (I'm a tramp)

Sometimes I go to Coney Island
Oh the beach is divine
And I love the yankees
Jeter Is just fine
I follow Rodgers and Hart
She sings every line
That's why the lady is a tramp

I love the prize fight
That isn't a fake (no fakes)
And I love to rowboat with you and your wife in Central Park Lake
She goes to the opera and stays wide awake (yes, I do)
That's why this lady is a tramp

She likes the green (green) grass (grass) under her shoes
What can I lose?
'cause I got no dough! oh no?
I'm all alone when I'm blowing my nails
That's why the lady is a tramp

I love your free, fresh, I love your handkerchief in my hand
Life without care
But I'm so broke
That's "oke"
Hates California, it's cold and it's damp
That's why the lady is a tramp
That's why this lady is a tramp
That's why the lady is a tramp.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário