10CC - I'M NOT IN LOVE

, , Sem Comentários
I'M NOT IN LOVE
10CC
SONGWRITER: ERIC STEWART & GRAHAM GOULDMAN
COUNTRY: U. K.
ALBUM: THE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
LABEL: MERCURY RECORDS
GENRE: SOFT ROCK
YEAR: 1975

10cc is an English rock band formed in Stockport, Greater Manchester in 1972. It initially consisted of four musicians – Graham Gouldman, Eric Stewart, Kevin Godley and Lol Creme – who had written and recorded together since 1968. The group featured two songwriting teams. Stewart and Gouldman were predominantly pop songwriters, who created most of the band's accessible songs. By contrast, Godley and Creme were the predominantly experimental half of 10cc, featuring art and cinematically-inspired writing.
Every member of 10cc was a multi-instrumentalist, singer, writer and producer. Most of the band's records were recorded at their own Strawberry Studios (North) in Stockport and Strawberry Studios (South) in Dorking, with most of those engineered by Stewart.
From 1972 to 1978, 10cc had five consecutive UK top-ten albums: Sheet Music, The Original Soundtrack(1975), How Dare You!(1976), Deceptive Bends(1977) and Bloody Tourists(1978). They also had twelve singles reach the UK Top 40, three of which were the chart-toppers "Rubber Bullets"(1973), "I'm Not in Love"(1975) and "Dreadlock Holiday" (1978). "I'm Not in Love" was their breakthrough worldwide hit and is known for its innovative backing track. Godley and Creme quit the band in 1976 due to artistic disagreements and became a duo act. Stewart left the band in 1995. Since 1999, Gouldman has led a touring version of 10cc.
"I'm Not in Love" is a song by English group 10cc, written by band members Eric Stewart and Graham Gouldman. It is known for its innovative and distinctive backing track, composed mostly of the band's multitracked vocals. Released in the UK in May 1975 as the second single from the band's third album, The Original Soundtrack, it became the second of the group's three number-one singles in the UK between 1973 and 1978, topping the UK singles chart for two weeks. The song was also the band's breakthrough hit worldwide, reaching number one in Ireland and Canada and number two on the Billboard Hot 100 in the US, as well as reaching the top 10 in Australia, New Zealand and several European countries.
Written mostly by Stewart as a riposte to his wife's declaration that he did not tell her often enough that he loved her, "I'm Not in Love" was originally conceived as a bossa nova song played on guitars, but the other two members of the band, Kevin Godley and Lol Creme, disliked the track and it was abandoned. However, after hearing members of their staff continue to sing the melody around their studio, Stewart persuaded the group to give the song another chance, to which Godley replied that for the song to work it needed to be radically changed, and suggested that the band should try to create a new version using just voices.
 
I'm not in love
So don't forget it
It's just a silly phase I'm going through
And just because I call you up
Don't get me wrong
Don't think you've gotten me
I'm not in love
No, no
It's because

I'd like to see you
But then again
It doesn't mean you mean that much to me
So if I call you
Don't make a fuss
Don't tell your friends about the two of us
I'm not in love
No, no
It's because

(Be quiet, big boys don't cry)
I keep your Picture
Upon the wall
It hides a nasty stain that's lying there
So don't you ask me
To give it back
I know you know it doesn't mean that much to me
I'm not in love
No, no

It's because
Ooh, you'll wait a long time for me
Ooh, you'll wait a long time
I'm not in love, I'm not in love.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário