PAUL ANKA & PETER CETERA - HOLD ME TILL THE MORNING COMES

, , Sem Comentários
HOLD ME TILL THE MORNING COMES
PAUL ANKA & PETER CETERA
SONGWRITERS: DAVID FOSTER & NÂDIYA ZIGHEM
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: WALK A FINE LINE
LABEL: COLUMBIA RECORDS
GENRE: SOFT ROCK
YEAR: 1983

Paul Albert Anka OC (born July 30, 1941) is a Canadian-American singer, songwriter and actor. Anka became famous with hit songs like "Diana", "Lonely Boy", "Put Your Head on My Shoulder", and "(You're) Having My Baby". He wrote such well-known music as the theme for The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson and one of Tom Jones's biggest hits, "She's a Lady". He also wrote the English lyrics to Claude François and Jacques Revaux's music for Frank Sinatra's signature song, "My Way", which has been recorded by many, including Elvis Presley.
In 1983, he co-wrote the song "I Never Heard" with Michael Jackson. It was retitled and released in 2009, under the title "This Is It". An additional song that Jackson co-wrote with Anka from the 1983 session, "Love Never Felt So Good", was released in 2014 on Jackson's posthumous album Xscape. The song was also released by Johnny Mathis in 1984.
Peter Paul Cetera (/səˈtɛrə/ sə-TERR-ə; born September 13, 1944) is an American retired singer, songwriter, and bassist best known for being an original member of the rock band Chicago (1967–1985), before launching a successful solo career. His career as a recording artist encompasses 17 albums with Chicago and eight solo albums.
With "If You Leave Me Now", a song written and sung by Cetera on the group's tenth album, Chicago garnered its first Grammy Award. It was also the group's first number one single.
As a solo artist, Cetera has scored six Top 40 singles, including two that reached number one on Billboard's Hot 100 chart in 1986, "Glory of Love" and "The Next Time I Fall". "Glory of Love", the theme song from the film The Karate Kid Part II (1986), was co-written by Cetera, David Foster, and Diane Nini, and was nominated for both an Academy Award and a Golden Globe Award for best original song from a motion picture. In 1987, Cetera received an ASCAP award for "Glory of Love" in the category, "Most Performed Songs from Motion Pictures". His performance on "Glory of Love" was nominated for a Grammy Award for best pop male vocal. That same year Cetera and Amy Grant, who duetted on "The Next Time I Fall", were nominated for a Grammy Award for best vocal performance by a pop duo or group.
Besides David Foster and Amy Grant, Cetera has collaborated throughout his career with other nationally known and internationally known recording artists from various genres of music including: The Beach Boys, Billy Joel, Karen Carpenter, Paul Anka, Agnetha Fältskog, Richard Sterban, Bonnie Raitt, Madonna, David Gilmour, Az Yet, Cher, Chaka Khan, Crystal Bernard, Ronna Reeves, and Alison Krauss. His songs have been featured in soundtracks for movies and television.
In 2014, Chicago's first album, Chicago Transit Authority (Columbia, 1969), featuring Cetera on bass and vocals, was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame. Cetera was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Chicago in April 2016, and he, Robert Lamm, and James Pankow are among the 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame inductees for their songwriting efforts as members of the group.
"Hold Me 'Til the Morning Comes" is a song by Paul Anka, featuring backing vocals by former Chicago singer Peter Cetera. It was co-written by Anka with David Foster. It was the first release and only hit from his LP, Walk a Fine Line.
The song describes a man who is in a relationship that's dying, yet both are afraid to walk away from it. He struggles with ambivalent feelings, however, still longs to hold on to the love they have shared.
The song scratched the Top 40 on the Billboard Hot 100, peaking only at number 40. It spent four months on the chart, longer than almost all of Anka's other hits, including some of his highest-charting songs. This was his last (and final Top 40 hit) of 53 charting pop singles in the US to date. The song also spent three weeks at number two on the US Adult Contemporary chart. It was blocked from the number-one spot first by DeBarge's "All This Love" and then by Rita Coolidge's "All Time High".
In Canada, the song failed to enter the pop singles chart, however, reached number one on the Adult Contemporary chart in August 1983.
"Hold Me 'Til the Morning Comes" was included on Anka's collaborative LP, A Body of Work.
Two broken hearts
Neither one knows what to say
Both falling from love
But not quite all the way
Look at us now
Reachin' back for yesterday
Wanting to know
If the other wants to stay
After all
I'm the one who said we're through
Now I can't live without you, anymore
Out there lost
Is a dream that can come true
Is it worth the reachin' for?
Don't you need me anymore?

Darlin'
Hold me till the mornin' comes
Until I see you smile
Take all the sadness from your eyes
Hold me till the mornin' sun
Let me stay we've just begun
Ooh, stay with you

Where shall we start?
A tender word that we can share
And if we believe
In time we will get there
Look at us now
Wanting more than words can say
Both falling in love
But this time all the way
Out there lost
Are the words: I still love you
Are they worth the reachin' for?
Do you love me anymore?

Darlin'
Hold me till the mornin' comes
Until I see you smile
Take all the sadness from your eyes (no more)
Hold me till the mornin' sun
Let me stay, we've just begun
I want to stay with you

Hold me till the mornin' comes
Until I see you smile
Take all the sadness from your eyes (no more, no)
Hold me till the mornin' sun
Let me stay, we've just begun
I want to stay with you

Would you love me in the mornin'? (Would you love me?)
Will you still be there in the mornin'? (Would you love me?)
Or would you leave without a warnin'?
Say you love me too (say you stay)

Would you love me in the mornin'? (Would you love me?)
Will you still be there in the mornin'? (Would you love me?)
Or would you leave without a warnin'? (Don't go away)
Say you love me too.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário