BOB CROSBY - DEAR HEARTS AND GENTLE PEOPLE

, , Sem Comentários
DEAR HEARTS AND GENTLE PEOPLE
BOB CROSBY AND THE BOBCATS
SONGWRITERS: BOB HILLARD & SAMMY FAIN
COUNTRY: U. S. A.
ALBUM: BOB CROSBY AND THE BOBCATS: THE COMPLETE STANDARD TRANSCRIPTIONS
LABEL: SOUNDIES
GENRE: JAZZ
YEAR: 2004

George Robert Crosby (August 23, 1913 – March 9, 1993) was an American jazz singer and bandleader, best known for his group the Bob-Cats, which formed around 1935. The Bob-Cats was a New Orleans Dixieland-style jazz octet. He was the younger brother of famed singer and actor Bing Crosby. On TV, Bob Crosby guest-starred in The Gisele MacKenzie Show and was also seen on The Jack Benny Program. Crosby hosted his own afternoon TV variety show on CBS, The Bob Crosby Show, which aired from 1953 to 1957. Crosby received two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on February 8, 1960, for television (at 6252 Hollywood Boulevard) and radio (at 6313 Hollywood Boulevard).
Crosby was born in Spokane, Washington, to Scottish-American bookkeeper Harry Lowe Crosby (1871–1950) and Irish-American Catherine Harrigan (1873–1964, affectionately known as Kate), the daughter of a builder from County Mayo in Ireland.
The couple had seven children: Larry (1895–1975), Everett (1896–1966), Ted (1900–1973), Harry (1903–1977, popularly known as Bing Crosby), Catherine (1905–1974), Mary Rose (1907–1990), and George Robert, popularly known as Bob (1913–1993).
Crosby attended Gonzaga College, but he dropped out to seek a career in music. During World War II, he served in the U.S. Marines, leading a band for much of his time in service
I love those dear hearts and gentle people,
Who live in my home town.
Because those dear hearts and gentle people
Will never ever let you down.

They read the good Book from Fri' till Monday,
That's how the weekend goes.
I've got a dream house I'll build there one day,
With picket fence and ramblin' rose.

I feel so welcome each time that I return
That my happy heart keeps laughin' like a clown.
I love the dear hearts and gentle people,
Who live and love in my home town.

There's a place I'd like to go and it's Batten, Idaho,
Where your friendly neighbors smile and say "Hello."
It's a pleasure and a treat to meander down the street,
That's why I want the whole wide world to know.

I love those dear hearts and gentle people,
Who live in my home town.
Because those dear hearts and gentle people
Will never ever let you down.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário